Is it worth upgrading my existimg amp (Sony STR KS1000) for an HD AMP?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is to use with Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray & Sky HD. The Sony (I'm not a total Sony freek) STRDH810 is going very cheap at the moment (£250) to use with possibly the Jamo A102HCS5 or Boston Acoustic XS 5.1 speakers

A

Anonymous

Providing the KS1000 supports PCM over HDMI (check the manual - but I think it does) - just set the S570 to output PCM so the S570 decodes the HD codecs and away u go..HD sound.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew, looks like I'll be off to Richer Sounds tomorrow then. Always knew it was worth keeping back copies of What Hi-fi, found the June 2010 reviews on both sets of speakers, which are going quite cheap at the moment, especially the Jamo, although it does appear that the Bostons have just the edge.

A

Anonymous

Thanks TechMad, I'll give that a go tonight and see how it sounds.

A

Anonymous

I think that's why I gave up using HDMI on it in the first place, as you still needed sound from Digital connectors too, which is a pain and rather defeated the object.

A

Anonymous

Its page20 of the manual - but like Andrew says I'm not sure it can accept audio via the HDMI.

Still - theres one way to find out
emotion-1.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
TechMad:Its page20 of the manual - but like Andrew says I'm not sure it can accept audio via the HDMI.

Still - theres one way to find out
emotion-1.gif

It can't: as the manual says,

"To output the sound from the supplied speakers and to take advantage of the multi channel surround sound, be sure to connect the digital audio jacks on the playback component to the receiver."

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts