is it worth a dac?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm wondering whether a couple of hundred quid spent on an external dac, ie: dacmagic, would vastly improve the sound of a now ageing cd player, in this case a marantz cd600ose, or would the money be better spent elsewhere/left in my pocket. It would be feeding a marantz pm6010ki amp and kef q55.2 speakers, and am thinking the cd player is probably the weak link, but wonder how much of a difference it would make at this level...

Just to add, the speakers may soon be changed too for the eb acoustic eb1's, as i fancy a stand mount over the current kef's, but i guess this wouldnt affect much when it comes to the dac question, but thought i better add that in just in case...

thanks...

idc

Can't comment on the sound, is there anywhere you can go to get a DAC for a home demo to try it out?

However, I would wonder about functionality. Is the DAC purely for CDP to amp, or will you use it for anything else? Will it become part of a PC based setup? You could be paying for a lot of functionality would will never use.

A

Anonymous

would be primarily to improve the sound now, as prefer listening to cd's at the moment,....

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't think the improvment would be that big! your Marantz is pretty decent (minor timing issue with the 6000 range but Im being nitpicking)

A

Anonymous

think i'll save my money then...

maybe get some smaller speakers that i fancy...:)

guess the eb acoustic eb1's would / should work fairly well with the marantz gear?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts