Is it possible to stream iplayer to airport express?

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I have airfoil installed for streaming spotify, but I would like to know if it's possible to stream BBC iplayer or internet radio from my laptop to the airport express?

I have tried hijacking internet explorer but I can't seem to get anything that way. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Hi John

I don't think I have installed 'instant hijack', just whatever came with the original download of airfoil. The only source I use with it at the moment is spotify.

It will hijack internet explorer and log in, but I couldn't get any sound through the airport express.

Thanks

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
The volume was up on iplayer and it played through my pc instead of going to the AE even though it was hijacked.

An internet security problem maybe?

Thanks

John Duncan

Hmm - seems unlikely. Can you check that the Airport Express works (ie stream from iTunes directly, as opposed to via Airfoil) and that Airfoil works (ie stream someting other than iPlayer to it)?

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Airport express is working fine with itunes and spotify. I also tried turning off internet security on the off chance, but nothing.

It is internet explorer that needs to be hijacked, isn't it?

Thanks

John Duncan

As far as I can see, the iPlayer is just regarded as being the browser that it's hosted in, yes - whether it's in the page or you use the pop-out player. Last grandmother/eggs question though I promise - you are actually using Internet Explorer to access iPlayer, aren't you? Not another browser by accident?

And my last option for you to try is to go to iplayer in another browser (Firefox or Chrome for example), and see whether airfoil can hijack it...

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I am pretty sure I am using internet explorer, that is what comes up in airfoil. I might give firefox a try hopefully that'll work.

Thanks

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Just downloaded Safari and I am now able to stream iplayer. Thanks for your suggestions John. I wouldn't have thought to try a different browser. Safari is much faster too.

Thanks

Adrian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts