Is it possible to dismantle galaxy s3 part including the lcd display screen.

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, hope i get good advice on what am about to embark on. I am giving my samsung s3 phone to someone but there is a lot of wear and tear on the bezel and there front glass has chipped a bit at the top. I would like to refurbished the phone before giving it to the person. My plan is to buy a new housing frame and new front glass then dismantle the internal parts of the current phone, separate the lcd display screen which will be reused. The ultimate goal is to put all parts back together in a new housing. Is this possible?

Paul.

I would avoid doing the glass if it's not effecting picture quality. You need to basically cheese-wire the glass off of the oled screen, and then stick a new one on. Can be tricky.

all the components of the s3 bolt on to the main body which includes the bezel. This means you need to strip it down a lot to replace it, again I would avoid it if the phone is functional.

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Paul. said:
I would avoid doing the glass if it's not effecting picture quality. You need to basically cheese-wire the glass off of the oled screen, and then stick a new one on. Can be tricky.

all the components of the s3 bolt on to the main body which includes the bezel. This means you need to strip it down a lot to replace it, again I would avoid it if the phone is functional.

The phone is functional as all internal parts are working. I only wanted to take it apart and put into a new housing because: 1) the front glass has chipped a bit on one side of the corner. 2. The silver brushed bezel has chipped and peeling off. Is there a way to repair the bezel that are chipped and peeled off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts