Is it me....................?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
So, new TV, suitably run in, picture settings tweaked and played with for hours, excellent with DVD, exceptional with Sky HD movies, HD sport is amazing, SD transmissions by and large not bad, so....................

Why oh why when I watch Sky news and BBC news is the studio transmission so appalling, their OB reviews all seem pretty good for colour and contract balance balance but the studio is.............well just rubbish?

Sky seems much worse than the BBC, with somehow garish background colours, presenters seeming somewhat over made up and washed out..................all this and the promiise of Sky News HD next year.....................oh dear!

Yet on the sports HD channels when studio interviewing is on the picture appears a lot more balanced and natural, similarly for the Strictly show in HD, all seems good, so why the news channels and why in particular Sky??

Is it me??

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Whew.................that's a relief I guess, thanks Andrew

The next question has to be.....................but why would they want to do that??

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

No, it's them. Really.

See also The One Show for this combination of lurid make-up and even more garish set-colours...

Surely it is an act of cruelty to suggest that anyone see the One Show?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
hammill:Surely it is an act of cruelty to suggest that anyone see the One Show?

See it, yes; actually making anyone watch it is, I think, outlawed by the Geneva Convention

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:I think it's meant to convey vibrancy, immediacy and lots of other things people like Joel Sim understand but the rest of us can only guess at

Eh?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

JoelSim:Eh?

I merely meant those involved in the visual media...

Aha, not I'm not so well versed on TV transmissions as all advertising is shot in HD as a matter of course. Or film occasionally, even now. I do very little TV these days anyway and as a humble 'suit' I don't know, nor have much interest in the production stages, I let the experts do all that.

TRENDING THREADS