Is it me/my browser or ...

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Following the trend for vinyl the WHF website is now analogue producing a 'back to the 90s dial-up modem feel'. Althoug this means more care and attention has to be given to page selection and a slower connection, dial-up enthusiasts point to the warmer feel of the site!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
jimbofisher said:
Following the trend for vinyl the WHF website is now analogue producing a 'back to the 90s dial-up modem feel'. Althoug this means more care and attention has to be given to page selection and a slower connection, dial-up enthusiasts point to the warmer feel of the site!

:)

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
jimbofisher said:
laugh or cry :)

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I've just installed Windows 10, and the WHF site is the first one that i have tried to access using this new operating system. The pages were taking minutes to open, so I was becoming concerned that Win 10, was the cause of the slow performance. Thank goodness it is WHF instead.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
expat_mike said:
I've just installed Windows 10, and the WHF site is the first one that i have tried to access using this new operating system. The pages were taking minutes to open, so I was becoming concerned that Win 10, was the cause of the slow performance. Thank goodness it is WHF instead.

Yes, you can always rely on them :)

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Take it from me the emails have been flying back and forth here. It seems to be worse for those of us who are permanently logged in. Apologies for the inconvenience, we are doing all we can to resolve this.
angry_smile.gif

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Update from the tech team:

Database server is out of the red for now, we have made some configuration changes to the way in which certain areas of the site access the database.
The improvement will be gradual, so the slowness won't disappear but in theory should improve over time over the course of the afternoon. Ops are still working on other improvements as well as the team to try and improve this even more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts