Is it a new system or upgrade?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi to you all im a nudby on here just findding my way around ok my system consists of an Arcam A85 Amplifier. Arcam C-D 72 924 Bit-Dac. Arcam T51 Tuner.

With a pair of Castle Severn 2SE speakers.

Speaker cable is ether QED Silver Annivercary BI Wire i allso have Audioquest F18.

All the above around six or seven years old.

Before i bought this system i scrutinised What hifi for quite some time and had the system bemonstrated as i like to know something about the product im going to buy i will start to subscribe to what hifi again becouse what i want to find out about is something by the name of a Sub-Bass system its ether that or a compleat new hifi system.

If i may ask a question i like Bass (lots of it) whats the feeling out thire ?
emotion-1.gif

Thanks

Penwith.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Penwith....I am joke you not but you little floorstands are much more capable with electronics costing a lot more.....they are known within my hifi friends as a ghost speakers.

Firstly, change your QED SA to either Van Damme blue or Gotham. If you are go for the latter buy a pair of Gotham interconnects as well (£10! wouldn't break your bank account I am sure).

The electronics that will make the castle sing are the like of Exposure 2010s, Naim and Linn. I heard the pair with Musicfirst preamp/Krell power amp and the castle pump out bassline that would put many £700 speakers into shame.

A

Anonymous

Hi again i should have read them all befor i replyed well thanks again yes i m not looking for boom Boom, as i mentioned in my post i like to have a demonstration before i part with my cash as im not quite sure what to expect so thanks for your input cheers.
Roger.

A

Anonymous

Hi Thaiman thank you for your input i'll take it all on board and look into all your recommendations i take it as you have not mentiond a subwoofer i should stick with what iv'e got thanks again.
Roger.

A

Anonymous

Proac speakers sound great with Arcam Electronics. That might be cheaper than replacing your whole system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts