Is channel 5 trying to stop me stealing TV?

DKennedy

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys,

Call me paranoid if you like but something strange is happening with my freeview channel 5 reception.

The only channel 5 programmes I watch are "The Mentalist", and the "Law and order" series of shows.

I usally record them onto my freeview pvr and watch them the following evening skipping the Ads.

Unfortunately, over the last few weeks when I play back episodes I recorded the night before, the quality of the signal makes the programmes unwatchable. I tried to get them on 5 on demand (?) but they are not accessable because the rights havent been sorted out.

These are the only programmes I seem to have a prob with and watching them live is ok (skips a little), so...paranoia?

So is it just my paranoia or is something going on with the signal?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
If you can watch them fine whilst recording them but then can't watch them back from the recordings then that would suggest the HDD is on it's way out in your PVR (assuming it has a PVR and isn't a straight DVD recorder).

That also assumes you watch Ch5 through your PVR's tuner and not through the tuner on the TV itself.

DKennedy

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
morning the_lhc, basically its my paranoia because other than an occassional glitch, the programmes saved to the disk, other that these particular programmes on five, playback fine. I was wondering if the signal strenght is lowered at this time because of people exactly like me who skip the ads. Is it a coincidence that these are the programmes that cant be accessed on the interweb because of licencing? maybe i need better medication :0)

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have a Panasonic DMR BWT720 which records onto a 1 tb hard disc or onto Bluerays.I have been recording Castle & The Mentalist on a series link and all my recordingd are still perfect. Obviously HD channels are even better see also BBC 3 HD & BBC 4 HD. Why not tell your recorder to serch for all the channels again as it may solve your problem.

Best Wishes

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts