Is anyone happy with their system?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As in not needing to upgrade any more, nor tweak, because they're happy with what they've got?

I've one upgrade to go, i.e. an amp change, but keep putting it on hold since I'm happy with the sound, to the point where if I try to listen analytically to the system, rather than the music, I can't.

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Yepp. Very happy now. But has been a lot of time and money spent before getting to this point. (And still considering new speakers
emotion-1.gif
)

A

Anonymous

yes.

the only thing i want to change may be the speakers, but this is purely because on has minor damage (friend knocked it off) so its not an issue of the sound.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Most people will say they are happy. They will also defend their product choices with passion, ignoring any nagging issues. It's human nature. We want to be happy with our choices and we don't want to think we wasted money. However, (big however), you will notice that many people upgrade, or just make lateral changes. And after the change, or during the upgrade process, then, all of a sudden, they post comments about being dissastisfied with some aspect of their system. This hobby attracts perfectionists and since there is no such thing as a perfect system, most people will keep making changes. Just look at the huge used market for HiFi.

A

Anonymous

Yep, very happy. More so since trying the Arcam A38, CD37 and Spendor A6 last week too. It's taken me about six years or so and I'm now waiting for my old age preamp to die. Sod's law. Unrepairable and a fantastic find for the money.

A

Anonymous

I thought of you when I tried the kit I mentioned above, Jax. I found the A6s too bassy! How different we all are
emotion-2.gif

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
igglebert:I thought of you when I tried the kit I mentioned above, Jax. I found the A6s too bassy! How different we all are
emotion-2.gif

LOL. So true. But, a lot depends on the electronics you used for the demo. Still, I cannot fathom the A6's too bassy. They'd have to be jammed into corners in a very small room.

I will say that based on the amp I have right now (borrowed a friends bel canto till my quad arrives), the NAD C355 I was using with the spendors seems to have had prominent mid-bass, but less of the very deep bass. I know your theory was that my amp was to blame. Maybe so... Regardless, the spendors were not right for me.

T

the record spot

Yes. For now...! Just looking for a power amp for the NAD.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Very happy with my system, biggest change to it has been putting it somewhere that it has room to breathe.

I have to confess that I do however have two tweak plans
These are a Russ Andrews powerblock (or Iso-l8 Minisub or equivalent) for my second system, because it's running on a selection of extension leads and I'd prefer something safer and of better quality, at the moment there are way too many cables running around my bedroom floor.

And the long-term plan for my Linns, Tri-Ampable speakers when I get my other LK85 back from my friend, this has been my long-term plan for 3 years, will probably remain so until 2015. By which time, I'm hoping I can pick up some Mordaunt-Short Performance 6s at a good price.

A

Anonymous

I am very happy with my current system, but will no doubt upgrade at some time in the future when finances allow, I can't help myself.

My Hi-Fi may not be the most up to date, apart from the i-Pod, but as soon as I play any music through it I can't help but smile and tap my feet, it's contagious.

Naim NAC 42 pre amp, Naim NAP 140 power amp, SNAPS power supply (all silver bumper), Acoustic Research AR18LS speakers,

Arcam R-Dock, i-Pod classic (Lossless files), Van Den Hul Snowline speaker cable. Enjoy!

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
I have been tweaking for about a year now since the original amplifier purchase. New cables, isolation platforms, mains cable, conditioner and stands and almost all of these were very successful.

Yes i am now happy i am getting about the best i can from the system and it happens to sound amazing so i am happy indeed.

matthewpiano

Finally, after lots of swapping and changing to really find what I wanted, I am extremely happy with my system and have no upgrade or tweaking plans whatsoever for the forseeable future. The Mezzo 2s are incredible - by far the best speakers I've ever had - and they work brilliantly with the 740A. Just enjoying the music now.

Messiah

It's taken me a year but I am now very happy with the sound. I am still going to add a Sub and make some other additions to the system but if I was told tomorrow that I could no longer change anything I would still be very satisfied with my system.

A

Anonymous

pawpaw:
I am very happy with my current system, but will no doubt upgrade at some time in the future when finances allow, I can't help myself.

My Hi-Fi may not be the most up to date, apart from the i-Pod, but as soon as I play any music through it I can't help but smile and tap my feet, it's contagious.

Naim NAC 42 pre amp, Naim NAP 140 power amp, SNAPS power supply (all silver bumper), Acoustic Research AR18LS speakers,

Arcam R-Dock, i-Pod classic (Lossless files), Van Den Hul Snowline speaker cable. Enjoy!

Yup, you have the Naim disease. Incurable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts