ipod speakers for public use?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Could I please have some advice on which ipod speakers would be loud enough to be used in a school hall?

I have a limited budget of up to £150.

I have a 3rd gen nano.

Many thanks

H

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="professorhat"]You really need a PA system.[/quote]

...Like the Ion IPA03 'busker's shopping trolley' we reviewed in the April issue, page 23. And the price is bang on the nose, too...

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I would say the same as professorhat. You should be able to find a local disco hire company if it's a one-off, and normally they will charge around £75-100 for a 500w amp and PA speakers for a weekend say...

If it's not a one off, you are probably looking at around £6-700 for a system gutsy enough to do that. I would say for a normal school hall (15x40m or thereabouts) you would need at least 300w per channel to get a reasonable sound level...

Andrew - is an 18w amp really going to fill a school hall?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]Like the Ion IPA03 'busker's shopping trolley' we reviewed in the April issue, page 23. And the price is bang on the nose, too...[/quote]

Oh yeah! Well I'll be a monkey's...

Any idea how loud that goes though?

EDIT - I'll just be quiet since I keep asking questions too late!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="hc69"]
Could I please have some advice on which ipod speakers would be loud enough to be used in a school hall?

I have a limited budget of up to £150.

I have a 3rd gen nano.

Many thanks

H
[/quote]

A

Anonymous

I have colleagues who have used the Bose systems which cost approx £200 and they have been fine.

Looking on Amazon I found an ipod speaker by Kliptch and wondered if that would be powerful enough.

They are also much cheaper than Bose

cheers

H

John Duncan

is this for, like, a kids' party (where if it's not loud enough it's not the end of the world), or for a more professional application (or more accurately, one where you don't want to look stupid)?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts