Ipod Docking/Hi-fi/Speaker System - which one to choose!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anybody help me out? I'm trying to decide on which system to buy for my Ipod so I can listen to it whilst chilling in my living room, and not have it take up to much space!

From what I can gather the following products look the best in the £200 price bracket:
  • Audioengine A5s
  • Kef Picoforte 1
  • Lars & Ivan bk-21
Any recommendations from anyone?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Of those three, the AudioEngines are by far the most powerful-sounding, and would be my first choice. OK, they're not small and stylish, but they sound damn fine for the money. And by powerful-sounding, I don't necessarily mean loud (though they'll crank up quite happily), but that they're not restrained like some iPod products, and will produce a large soundstage.

The Lars and Ivan is a good budget option - you can pick it up for @£100 - but if you could stretch your budget you will buy a bigger, better sound.

KEF Picoforte 1 sounds accurate and enjoyable (and looks great), but don't expect much bass or room-filling volumes. Best for background listening, really.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
A

Anonymous

Klipsch don't charge iPod Nano 4th gen, otherwise superb sound and light enough to carry

A

Anonymous

In current magazine you recommend Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere 2. Will this charge my 4th Generation iPod Nano ? Bought a Klipsch which doesn't. If Pure-Fi doesn't, any suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts