Ipod DAB Docking station for Iphone 5 ?

n4d5

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi Room

Can someone recommend me a DAB docking station for my Iphone 5. It can use air play or i can connect via lightening adaptor.

I need this to sit on my desk when I'm working from home, portablity is not a issue. More importantly the sound and DAB and FM reception is.

My budgets between £100 - £400.

Thank you in advance.

stuartayling

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
Not much around of any quality yet for lightning yet. I've got the apple 30 pin to lighting port adapter lead which is 20cm long which is just about long enough to use with my pure avanti flow which is very descent with a downward firing sub which is an unusual extra on many docks apart from the B&W Zeppelin and the Bose Sounddock 20 (I think that's what's it's called - the biggest in the range). I'm waiting for a better choice before upgrading.

stuartayling

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
The wait is finally over for high quality Apple Lightning docks http://www.whathifi.com/news/bw-reveals-z2-and-zeppelin-air-wireless-airplay-speaker-docks-with-lightning-connector?utm_source=Silverpop&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=WHFI%20ENews%20Bulletin%20(20.03.2013)&utm_content=article1_image

ROTH AV

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Our DBT-001 and DBT-003 products might fit the bill: FM/DAB+/Bluetooth. Plus the USB charging connector on the back, so you plug your iPhone 5 into the back for charging (using the cable supplied with your iPhone) and then stream music thru Bluetooth to the radio. And then switch to DAB when you want to use the radio function. There are other DAB radios out there but none with the lightning connector just yet, but the alternative is to use the 30 pin to lightning adapter.

I hope this helps and doesn't fall foul of house rule 12.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I own a Vita Audio (Ruark) R2i.

Its not got the lightening port has the older adapter but you can just buy a lightening to 30 pin adapter to go with it.

It's a fantastic dab / fm / iPhone 5 charging unit and sounds the business.

Might not be exactly what you want but do yourself a favour and go audition one or at least have a look on the Ruark website.

For sound quality it's way superior to the competition and well within your budget.

It wouldn't dissapoint.

Twill

Oct 6, 2007
Visit site
I think this is a much neglected market niche. Physical docks with DAB radios seem few and far between. Personally I'd love to see a product featuring the trio of lightning dock, Airplay, and DAB. Everyone who provides Airplay seems to think that internet radio will do the job, but sometimes there's just no substitute for DAB. You might want a dock at the back of the house where wireless is a bit patchy, and streaming unreliable, or you might want it in the bedroom where the last thing anyone wants at 6am is to be swiping around on a touch screen, trying to get the radio to come on to help the waking process.

I'm just surprised there aren't more products still carrying DAB. I feel internet radio is great, but still a developing product with a few distinct disadvantages.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts