Iplayer picture quality on Sony s370

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Wasent too sure what forum to put this on but opted for this even though it is not realy a home cinema question.
I have just been watching some Shaun the sheep (great kids tv program, think I enjoy it more than my daughter!) and I was amazed by the picture quality, to me it looked much better than my freeview and freesat tuners outputting SD content. Can thus be the case? I thought iplayer was only SD?

T

the record spot

I concur - I have the same player and watch the BBC iPlayer through it and have been very impressed with the picture quality. Sony really hit the ground running with this line (and most of their recent TV range as well) and it shows!

A

Anonymous

I'd agree. watching Iplayer (HD) back on my Samsung TV - the picture quality is surprisingly good.

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
I am glad I am not the only one who thinks it's better but how can it look so much better if it is a SD signal and from the Internet?! Is it to so with the Sony's abilities with the upscaling?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
bay24 said:
I am glad I am not the only one who thinks it's better but how can it look so much better if it is a SD signal and from the Internet?! Is it to so with the Sony's abilities with the upscaling?

Dunno, but we've just had a look of the first hour of the F1 today, (watched the race but not the build up) and very impressed with the whole process, ease of access, PQ etc

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
It's not just the Sonys, I think it's the footage from iPlayer which is very good.

My Samsung C6900 displays fabulous pictures from it, both in SD and HD, (the 6900 seems to be a very good upscaler anyway though). They are smoother and better resolved than the images from LoveFilm at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts