Iphone OS4 and B&W Zeppelin

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else noticed a few little buggy issues since updating to iOS4.

The zeppelin is still playing and charging perfectly but there are a few odd things I've noticed since updating my iphone the other day. BTW I usually dock my iphone every night and listen to music before I go to sleep using the Timer on the phone. This means I have a fully charged phone in the morning.

The last couple of days I've had to reboot the phone after removing from the dock as the volume controls have been disabled and there is no sound from the phones speaker. (I occasionally had this with a previous Sony dock that wasn't marketed as for Iphone).

Also on removing from dock I'm getting the meassage on the phone that this accessory is not optimized for iphone. OK so I can just Dismiss.

I nearly always play the iphone by putting it on all songs, shuffle but twice now its stopped after the first song, I've reset it and its worked fine after.

So these little niggles don't affect my enjoyment of this great dock, but for an accessory sold in Apple Stores it seems Apple aren't really that bothered.

Also why are so many apps waiting for an OS4 update. Most don't seem to work with multitasking, and I've got at least a couple that don't work with OS4 at all. For info Nine Inch Nails have facebooked that they are working on an update for OS4 for their app.

Bit of a poor show Apple.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Interesting. I'm getting the "not optimised for iPhone" message on my dock too since I got the upgrade, and it now only intermittently charges the phone. Odd.

A

Anonymous

Same problems with mine too. I found that when you have the phone in standby without the screen on and then you dock it, it works and you dont get that message saying it's not compatible but i still do get the odd message here and there unfortunately. Just means docking it and un-docking until the Zeppelin recognises :(

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Sonic! So, latest Safari update, 5.0, has glitches; as does latest OS X update, 10.6.4; iPhone 4 has reception issues if you hold it like a, erm, normal phone; and the new iOS also has glitches.

Apple, what is going on????!!!!

Methinks the past two weeks' fubars will label this month as Apple's 'Black June'.

TRENDING THREADS