iPhone 5S and iPad 5 - Anyone Buying?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Like the title just wondering who is purchasing the iPhone 5S or iPad 5 when released shortly? Cheers.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Not anywhere near launch time. If the rumours of the 5S essentially being the same as the 5 (a la 4 and 4S), that will put me off, but I won't be able to buy anything till mid next year at the earliest. At that point, I'll check out how Windows Phone is faring and make my decision based on that, and may well end up waiting for iPhone 6 if they're still struggling for apps.

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
Not anywhere near launch time. If the rumours of the 5S essentially being the same as the 5 (a la 4 and 4S), that will put me off, but I won't be able to buy anything till mid next year at the earliest. At that point, I'll check out how Windows Phone is faring and make my decision based on that, and may well end up waiting for iPhone 6 if they're still struggling for apps.

I thought launch time was next month? :?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I am happy with my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini. I may upgrade the phone after next year's launch when my contract expires. It depends on whether it's worth it and whether my old iPhone 4 (that I gave to a daughter) is still supported or not. If it's not supported by then i'll probably upgrade and give her the 5.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
professorhat said:

It is.

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
gel said:
professorhat said:

It is.

How are we not near it then? :)

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
Gel, didn't you tell us quite recently that you only use your 4S for phone calls and nothing else?

Why are you interested in the new ones?

I was interested in who was purchasing one.
smiley-smile.gif
I forgot to say I do use FaceTime quite a bit too with my iPhone.

I am slightly tempted by the iPad 5 just waiting to see if people recommend purchasing one as an upgrade to the iPad 2. The things that interest me are screen quality and weight (I think). I use my iPad 2 all the time and love it as a gadget. Perhaps fancy a new toy.
smiley-smile.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
professorhat said:
gel said:
professorhat said:

It is.

We are :)

My original response was in response to your "Anyone Buying?" question in the title and shorthand for "I won't be looking to buy one anywhere near launch time" since the earliest I would be looking to upgrade will be sometime next year due to lack of funds.

D

Deleted member 2457

Might wait till Black Friday to purchase one though:

smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
gel said:
professorhat said:
gel said:
professorhat said:

It is.

We are :)

My original response was in response to your "Anyone Buying?" question in the title and shorthand for "I won't be looking to buy one anywhere near launch time" since the earliest I would be looking to upgrade will be sometime next year due to lack of funds.

Ah right.
smiley-smile.gif

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
No Way,

it's to expensive to upgrade every year.....

I have an Iphone 5 + Ipad4.

iPhone5, i don't know what the hype is all about, it's nice but i would have been as happy as with a Samsung s3/4 or similar

iPad4, i prefer my 3 year old Toshiba 17,3" notebook over the "iBad". :shifty:

Even worse i will upgrade my Tosh to a new 17,3"notebook!

cheers :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

RodhasGibson said:
Agree with Prof H,I will wait for iPhone 6 and iPad 6 in 2014. + possibly an iWatch. To replace My iPhone 5 and Pad 4.

What's an iWatch?

bobshek

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
I'm curious about the new iPad.... but think I will wait a few months for any teething problems to be sorted out first.

I got stung with the iphone 4 reception issues... I'm a left hander so it was difficult not to hold the phone where my hands would cover several antennae at once.... so don't particularly want to go down that route again. Even more so with both new hardware and a whole new OS being done at once.

I'm sure it'll just be a larger ipad mini with the new form factor so it might be a good sideways/slightly upwards step from my ipad 3..... but still gonna wait all the same.

T

theflyingwasp

I have all the apple gear I'm quite the fanboy,as for the new iPad I'm 50 50 game said they would give me £215 trade in ,I might just buy the mini tho if it has a retina screen,getting rid of my Samsung galaxy and I'm going to buy the new iPhone 5s pay as go ,I have wifi in the house and at work only problem is the rolling £10 sim contract only gives you 100mb of data per month!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts