iPhone 4 as a controller for Sonos / Spotify Streaming

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Anybody on here use an iPhone 4 to control spotify or their Sonos system. Just wondering how good the Spotify / Sonos interface is....is it easy to read / use etc?

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
We have the free Sonos Controller app on an iPhone, two iPod Touch's and an Android phone, as well as having a Sonos CR200 dedicated controller.

I find the touch screen responsiveness and "action" on the Apple devices to be superior to that on the CR200 (too sensitive and occasionally sluggish) , however the CR200 has the advantage of those useful hardware buttons (Zone, Mute & Volume + & - ).

The interface on all is pretty similar and I find it very easy to navigate my way through it.

Note that the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android apps route through your Wi-Fi, whereas the CR200 operates on the Sonos wireless mesh network and not your regular Wi-Fi network.

Also, remember that if the Apple or Andoid devices leave the home, other users cannot access control of the Sonos other than through the PC/Mac controller. This is why I bought a CR200 (plus it was £60 cheaper than normal in the sales).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts