iPad travel speakers

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Morning!

colleague at work has just asked me to recommend a set of travel speakers for an iPad. Budget is up to £150 max, and they'll need style as much as substance as it's retirement gift.

Any suggestions?

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I think either to give her a couple of products to look at, they will need to be suitcase friendly though.

It's not something I've ever looked at buying so I have no clue where to start.

Trefor Patten

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Take a look at Philips Fidelio range, several good-sounding and very stylish models there. Logitech air-enabled boombox, better sound, less money, not so stylish. Pure also make a very nice radio dock, but it may not meet the portability criteria. :cheers:

pgoody

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Get the Jawbone Jambox. Great little product. It connects via bluetooth, has good battery life and the sound is amazing for its size.

Plus they have style...

A

Anonymous

do you not think Andy that this person would want to be listening to these speakers before he buys them and in which case he should be visiting his local shop or store or even , god forbid ,a hifi shop !

just a thought

philipjohnwright

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Tivoli PAL?

Not the latest pece of kit but enduring style (had mine 10 eyars and it still looks great). And it's also extremely simple to use. Portable too - been in many a suitcase of mine.

Slightly over budget but you should be able to get one for £150 I would have thought.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
mannaudio said:
do you not think Andy that this person would want to be listening to these speakers before he buys them and in which case he should be visiting his local shop or store or even , god forbid ,a hifi shop !

just a thought

In this case, no.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I was just trying to give the OP an idea of the range of products available, that's all. But I do like the suggestion of the Geneva Sound Model XS – very compact, so will easily fir in a suitcase, nicely made, looks good and sounds briliant for its size. No iPad docking or charging though, if that matters.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
I was just trying to give the OP an idea of the range of products available, that's all.

Which is exactly what I'd asked for, thanks Andy.

Remember, I'm not the buyer here. A colleague wanted some suggestions, and if they now have a shortlist that they can audition (or not) then all the better.

andrew_cawood

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Mannaudio, this is a forum where people ask for, and give opinions. That's it's reason for being...if someone comes into your store, do you send them somewhere else?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts