iPad Problems

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

My iPad won't let me access my emails on Btinternet, has anybody else got this problem? What should I do? Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
If that doesn't work, check email settings, re-enter your password, & check server settings.

Done, still not working. Any ideas? Tried it on my laptop and is working. Tried it on a different iPad and still not working!

D

Deleted member 2457

I can't get the correct time at the top either now!

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
One would have to assume that you don't have the correct settings on the iPad, there really isn't any way for any of us to tell though.

I haven't changed any settings, and I have tried a different iPad too and it's not working on there too! Cleared cookies, done resets, still nowhere!

philipjohnwright

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Leave it a while and it will probably work. Then stop working again, then start again. I have the same issue, often supposedly down to using the wrong password. But then miraculously it works again using the same password (that is entered automatically).

If you have the same problem as me it's down to Bt, not the ipad. Having spoken to someone at bt at length the only think they could suggest was resetting the password across all my devices. That worked for a while but then the problems came back. I think it's BT's security software getting concerned about the account being accessed from multiple devices and assuming some of them are dodgy, so blocking them for a while. The BT guy alluded to this sort of, but couldn't suggest a permanent fix.

Bottom line is I'm having to live with it. Very frustrating, my only solution was to download their Mail App, which to be fair is good. But that means I sometimes have mail coming into two clients, which defeats the object somewhat.

D

Deleted member 2457

philipjohnwright said:
Leave it a while and it will probably work. Then stop working again, then start again. I have the same issue, often supposedly down to using the wrong password. But then miraculously it works again using the same password (that is entered automatically). If you have the same problem as me it's down to Bt, not the ipad. Having spoken to someone at bt at length the only think they could suggest was resetting the password across all my devices. That worked for a while but then the problems came back. I think it's BT's security software getting concerned about the account being accessed from multiple devices and assuming some of them are dodgy, so blocking them for a while. The BT guy alluded to this sort of, but couldn't suggest a permanent fix. Bottom line is I'm having to live with it. Very frustrating, my only solution was to download their Mail App, which to be fair is good. But that means I sometimes have mail coming into two clients, which defeats the object somewhat.

Yep, that all makes sense - cheers! Mine has been pretty much like that too. But now I have really hit a brick wall - how annoying! Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

I just managed to get into it again! How do I reset the clock again? Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
I just managed to get into it again! How do I reset the clock again? Cheers.

Dont worry, I just done it.
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Stupid Apple! Still not working, this is not good enough! |(. What does one do? :?

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
What are your mail server settings? Go to an Apple store genius bar. They'll sort the settings for you.

I can't seem to do that! Could you explain further please? Cheers. Do you think I should do a software upgrade too? Would that help? I have yet to do one.

D

Deleted member 2457

I can get in now BB, but only because the firmware upgrade gives you an option for yahoo on the new system. If not for that I would still be stuck. At least it is working though! :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts