Ipad Air

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
simonlewis said:
I am surprised no-one is talking about this. :O

You are.

I've lost count of iPad versions anyway.

I have the one I Iike (Mini) and will keep it until it's no longer supported and it's 3 year John Lewis cover runs out.

Not overly concerned with having the latest thing every time Apple have a launch.

D

Deleted member 2457

I have been looking forward for the launch for weeks now, I am just a bit tired and watching the football. :) I have read most of the bits (thank you WHF) though and it sounds good. Bring on Black Friday now!

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
gel said:
I have been looking forward for the launch for weeks now....

Really? Why?

I love iPads they are my favourite gadget, and I really wanted to hear about the new ones. I am now looking forward to seeing them in person, from what I read the iPad Air sounds good. I am not sure it will tempt me to part with any cash at the moment though, perhaps next time. We will see.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
It's a bit more powerful, a bit thinner and still expensive.

That's it isn't it? Oh, no, they have given it the "Air" tag to try and cash in on the name of the laptop.

Me, I quite like the new Nokia tablet... :)

T

theflyingwasp

I'm a apple fanboy I love there stuff ,I'm using the ipad 4 with retina display to write this .i have the mini aswell ,I won't bother upgrading the mini but the ipad air is getting bought ASAP.i will attach this ipad to the my twelve south hoverbar and attach it to the mac.

D

Deleted member 2457

I saw the iPad mini for £250 in John Lewis today - can't be too bad.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I think Apple have been really clever with the Ipad Air and addressed the main issue with the product - its weight and they will sell bundles of them as a result.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Apple have just done the same as other manufacturers and make it thinner and lighter. As usual people get caught up in the hysteria.

A Kindle Fire HDX for example is about 100g lighter with better battery life and a higher resolution screen than the Ipad Air. We havent seen the new Nexus 11 yet either.

And I'd still much prefer to have a 16:9 aspect if I'm going to be watching videos on it, rather than losing 25% of the screen to black bars either side.

A film on a Nexus 10 will look about 29% larger than on a Ipad due to the aspect ratio.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
What hysteria?this thread has only a dozen posts.
Why when people don't like apple products do they feel they have to convince everybody.

D

Deleted member 2457

Why do Apple keep the iPad 2 around but not 3 and 4? :?

Paul.

Also, the 2 is a mature product so margins will be massive. Wouldn't mind betting they make more off of a 2 than they do off the Air, at least for a while until the new tooling etc is paid off.

T

theflyingwasp

I'm not doing much for my argument here but you can get the same spec products wether it be tablets phones or pcs for sometimes a lot cheaper than you would pay for apple products.
But 99.9 percent just use our tech for general use and the look and feel of apple products are second to none.
If the iMac 27inch was £500,the ipad was £250 and the iPhone 5s was £25 per month it would wipe out everybody .....except the gamers who feel the beef to build their own pcs and upgrade graphics cards.

D

Deleted member 2457

Now available to buy:

http://www.johnlewis.com/apple-ipad-air-apple-a7-ios-7-9-7-wi-fi-16gb-silver/p669378

nsr1200

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Although I'm sure the iPad air is great it's just another version, of a similar product, I think the Mac Pro will be the next big love / hate argument, between apple lovers and haters.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts