Ipad 3 Mini Review

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Sorry WHF

I hold you and your reviews in the highest regard.

But any other manufacturer that merely tweaked their product and charged £80 more would not get 5 stars - it would get 4 stars even if the product was very good because the older almost identical model could be had for £80 cheaper making the newer model not good value therefore not really worthy of 5 stars.

However what is the love affair with Apple - emporers new clothes in this regard - as it is half the time with them and yet still always garnered in praise.

Ipad Air - was no different to the Ipad 2 except thinner - the screen looked identical to me.

At least with the Air 2 something has improved but the mini in your review you basically say its very good but its the same as last year except the finger print scanner.

If your a tablet use at home only person that is a useless feature

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
This thread is not about that - its about the consistency of reviews.

Your obviosuly an Apple fan boy - remember this game

lemmings2.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Your obviosuly an Apple fan boy - remember this game

I use Apple.

We also use (Windows 7 Pro) laptops (and a tower) at home an awful lot more in terms of time spent on them every day.

I don't believe in 'fanboy this / fanboy that'. My attitude is ... I'll use just what the hell I like and shove your agenda up your #### if you have a problem with it!

I have taken this kind of position before, with analogue vs digital photography (I've used both at the same time), Canon vs Nikon (no 'position' here, i've happily owned both and many others) and simultaneously occupied both 'sides' of various other artificially created wars in hi-fi, computing and photography.

D

Deleted member 2457

My personal experience is once you've got a iPad you don't need another one from the iPad 2 onwards. You still get the firmware updates. As for the iPhone I personally don't use mine much so I will not be changing that either.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I dont get it, Apple improve the iphone, ipad, faster processor better screen etc. Yes its only a slight improvment its not like they can suddely go oh we will change it completly and make it totally different with a vastly improved user experience. If they could why do other manufactures build exactly the same basic product. Now dont get me wrong im no Apple fan boy i dont like Macs.

They are well made easy to use look great, so are other simular devices "now" If you dont like them just dont buy one. Its hardley the end of the world. We all buy different cars for different reasons same with pad thingy's. I have a Facebook friend, intelligent guy has his own company, also builds tube amps on a semi proffesional basis. His tyrant towards Apple is unbelieable and my respect for him reduces with each post, just dont buy one no one is forceing them, Samsung's are great, as are HTC. I will move brand when hopfully a company will bring somthing out far far better than an Apple. So its only a product just buy one if you like them if not buy another brand.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
My earlier comment was only meant as a joke - with the picture of the lemmings game was just a wind up.

This thread again has no reflection on purchasing the product - its to do with the review of the product - this is the second time I have written this.

Its a 5 star review for the product - when they state that probably the better buy is the Ipad mini 2 as its 25% cheaper for pretty much the same thing

To me that would warrant a 4 star review and if Apple start getting reviews like this they will up the game as the market leader/ When there is such little difference in the products and older models still readily available - Ipad 1 is still available to buy new got an email today about it surely they are in competition with their own products as well and should be reviewed as such

While they are always garnered in praise and people keep buying the same stuff from them they will only incrementally upgrade such as in this instance.

I aplaud them for the tablet with the bonded screen as that is a revelationary move just like it was in the ZT TV and hopefully more products like this will follow.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Ell i didnt think you were ranting it was'nt posted in that tone i mearly wanted to get it off my chest its been bugging me for ages!!

I think the reviews of them on here and soe car reviews are a joke! You could almost transpose any simular product name into many of them!

jjbomber

We discussed the Milgram experiment in another thread but this is the effects of it.

Let us say that we have a magazine called Wot car. we have a major player called Fjord, who supply cars for review. It is too obvious to give every car a 5 star, Car of the Year review. So the major car player, Fjord, will pay huge money for Product of the Year placings in the major markets. So the family hatchback and sales reps models will become Car Of The Year, while the small markets like people carriers will get 3 stars. That way the public does not realise what is happening and Fjord dominate the bigger markets, where the vast majority of the profits are.

Similarly, let us pretend we have a magazine called Wot Hi-Fi and a company called PineApple. Again we need product of the Year placings in the major markets, tablets and mobile phones, while having 4 star reviews in the minor markets like mp3 players.

Under the Milgram experiment, readers will buy what the reviewer says, as a person in authority must know best. There are even threads on the forum where people have loved products at audition but not bought them as they only had 4 stars.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
jjbomber said:
We discussed the Milgram experiment in another thread but this is the effects of it.

Similarly, let us pretend we have a magazine called Wot Hi-Fi and a company called PineApple. Again we need product of the Year placings in the major markets, tablets and mobile phones, while having 4 star reviews in the minor markets like mp3 players.?

Under the Milgram experiment, readers will buy what the reviewer says, as a person in authority must know best. There are even threads on the forum where people have loved products at audition but not bought them as they only had 4 stars.

All of which actually assumes Apple actually gives 50% of a flying fig what a review in a magazine/on a website says.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Indeed, spiny, indeed. I rather suspect Apple will continue to sell millions of iPads regardless of what we (and others) say. And for the record, they have never advertised with us and in all probability never will. So what they think of us, and we of them, won't make a jot of difference.

sophiw

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
You can buy best iPad Cases such as Spigen, Otterbox, griffin etc. Its all looks awesome on hte iPad. Its protect iPhone from dust, scratches etc.*mail1*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts