Internet Radio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought a Roberts Stream 202 internet radio. Following the on board 'Wizard' (which scans and finds my network)I get the message 'Please wait, connecting'. However no connection with the network is made in spite of the protocol matching - 802.11B or B. both of which are available to me. I have loaded all the details (IP Address, Sub Net, etc) manually but still no connection. I have used the ethernet cable and I get the same result - no connection made. Roberts say that there may be a 'rare' fault with the radio and send it back to the dealer. However, I live in France and bought the radio last week on a visit to the UK and I would rather try and sort the problem out here. There may be something that I should have done to connect that I didn't. Any suggestions please?

Zarn_Smith

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Is it usual that you need to enter a IP address / subnet mask on your network. Isn't something dishing them out automatically?

In wi-fi terms 802.11b is rather old hat and suggests WEP maybe WEP2 at best if you are using security. Have you double checked the Wi-Fi key / password?

A

Anonymous

Quite right Zarn. The 'wizard' should take care of all that but it did not connect so I entered the info manually. Still without making a connection.

I contacted Roberts directly and they said to ensure that either 802.11B or G were available as this is what was required.

Yes, I also entered the correct WEP code.

A

Anonymous

I should have added earlier that I have been using a laptop, also bought in the UK, for over 3 years on this network without any problems.

TRENDING THREADS