Interference on Humax Freeview recorder from Aga cooker/boiler

dylan_williams

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
I bought a Humax Freeview recorder for my parents for Christmas, they live in a farmhouse and the recorder is needed in the kitchen where they spend most of their time. They have an Aga cooker/boiler and every time it switches on the tuner freezes up for about 30 seconds or more then manages to sort itself out. Obviously when the heating is on this happens every 10 minutes or so.

The other freeview televisions in the house seem unaffected.

I was wondering if a mains conditioner or something would suppress this interference? Any advice would be appreciated.

I've noticed that my own Panasonic tuner also has the same issue with my boiler and fridge but to a much lesser extent.

Thanks, Dylan

daveh75

If the other tuner's in the house are un-affected i doub't a main's conditioner will help, it sounds more like rf interference being picked up by either the freesat cabling or tuner itself than mains born interference!

A

Anonymous

RF polution on the ring main is the likely cause.

A Tacima CS929 is an easy fix, also check the Earthing.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
A suppressor on the switchgear on the Aga would be the most effective solution, tackling the problem at source. A competent electrician should be able to advise you on this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts