Interconnect cable advise please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am currently connecting my Naim DVD5 to my Naim hi-cap/82/250.2 via Chord Crimson cable. I now have some Chistmas money to spend, and thought that this cable could be improved on. I need a 2m length, terminated with 5 pin dins. What cables should I be looking at auditioning, and will I hear a significant improvement in sound quality. My budget is £ 200

A

Anonymous

FloJoe:I am currently connecting my Naim DVD5 to my Naim hi-cap/82/250.2 via Chord Crimson cable. I now have some Chistmas money to spend, and thought that this cable could be improved on. I need a 2m length, terminated with 5 pin dins. What cables should I be looking at auditioning, and will I hear a significant improvement in sound quality. My budget is £ 200

Nice budget. Why not try Naim? or a range from your dealer. In the world of cables a myriad of products. Oh, and this may start a few posts around do they make a difference......

There are also a plethora of posts on interconnects - simply search on the home page and it will search the forums for you.

emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that. My local Naim dealer in Bristol only stocks a limited range of cables and this was the 'best' he had. I will do the search on the home page and see whats what.

A

Anonymous

Without sounding contentious, either spend £200 on parts and make them yourself.

The mark up on cables is high and the high cost, in some part is that they are made in GB and are manufactured in small volume. Just imagine how much the component parts of a £200 cable are £35. Its not difficult. If you have a mate who doesn't get bored with the mention of HiFi, get him to swap cables so you can blind test them,

Or you could always spend £200 on some music to listen to.

Another thing I once did when considering a similar 'upgrade was to try cheaper cables, doing a blind test I preferred one!

What about £200 on an isolation shelf, for the source.....you could always make one;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts