Interconnect advice please

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Please see my system in my tag below. I have a new Crystal Cable interconnect worth £150 arriving next week, and at the moment my interconnects are as follows: CD to integrated amp - vdh D102 III int amp to power amp - Furukawa 1010 (about 18 years old) DVD to int amp - IXOS 1002 Gamma geometry Tuner to int amp - audiophile quality but unbranded so I believe but it only cost me £7! Where do I put the new Crystal Cable? It's obvious which cable gets taken out, but how would you rearrange these cables if this was your system. I haven't got the ability to keep changing the cables about to test as the hifi is in the corner and all on a stand it's extremely heavy and will kill the wooden floor if I keep moving the spikes. The final consideration is that I only use the tuner once every blue moon to listen to time tunnel on a Sunday morning but this will probably increase when I get the new speakers set up in the kitchen in about 6 weeks' time. the final final consideration is that the majority of my music is relatively mellow ie Groove Armada, beautiful South, Everything but the girl, Back to MIne series, Talk Talk, Floyd, K&D, although there are a few Fabric CDs that get played a lot too. Keith McAlpine need not apply to this particular post.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I guess what I'm trying to say is what should I use between the Cd and amp, and the between the amps - the vdh or the Crystal?

nads

ok my thinking would be new one into the CD to amp then move the "old" one to the pre/main connection and the 18 year old to the tuner.

But then i do have the same between CD and amp and amp and power amp....

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
That's kind of what I was thinking, but the vdh sound is very good indeed. And it means a few minutes getting sweaty behind the rack. Grrrr.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Main problem is there's no A/B test as the new cables won't be burnt in so that will mean at least 2 sessions behind the rack...and the missus will think I'm really really sad, rather than just really sad ;-)

nads

i changed the connection between the pre to power to match the sources to int and i could hear the difference. but for me the biggest change was replacing the standard NAD steel bridging connectors on the Integrated amp it lifted the highs and increased the detail soooooooo much angain not all amps allow this. still playing with cables on the turntable though.

A

Anonymous

Whatever you decide to do, I completely sympathise because my hi-fi is in an awkward place too......it was hell when I decided to change all my interconnects

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]Main problem is there's no A/B test as the new cables won't be burnt in so that will mean at least 2 sessions behind the rack...and the missus will think I'm really really sad, rather than just really sad ;-)[/quote]

... Would she really? I can't understand why ...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="nads"]i changed the connection between the pre to power to match the sources to int and i could hear the difference. but for me the biggest change was replacing the standard NAD steel bridging connectors on the Integrated amp it lifted the highs and increased the detail soooooooo much angain not all amps allow this.

still playing with cables on the turntable though.
[/quote]

those bridging connectors are horrendous. Not surprised you heard such a difference,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts