In need of an expert advising

Kinkykrs

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys :)

Ive been longing to replace my old pair of akg k518, they did a brilliant job for the last 2 years but theyre time has come to a bitter end by a cable gettin ripped apart.

I live in isreal and therefor there isnt 100% of the headphones market in here,

Im wondering between a few picks that are available in my country. the AKG Y55 ( Are they worth the extra bit from the Y50? )

the AKG 545 , and the Sennheiser HD 215.

All three picks are in my budget with the akg 545 just topping it.

My main use for the headphones would be listening to electronic music through my smartphone (with an headphone amp ofcourse) outdoors, watching movies and preducing electronic music using Cubase/Abelton while connected to my NI soundcard. I am abit of a bass head but im looking for a comftrable solution to bite off most of my needs.

Any help, suggestion, and guidance would be mostly welcomed as Im looking forward to purchase a pair of cans in a week.

Much thanks in advance,

Alex

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
With your music taste you could do a lot worse than the AIAIAI TMA-1 series of headphones, they will be right up your street. They also come with two cables (most of them), one for smartphone and one for HiFi/DJ gear.

Kinkykrs

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
thanks allot for the repley

believe it or not there's only 1 store in my country selling TMA-1 DJ for a stacky 255$, i looked into them and they look brilliant on most reviews but the thing is that isolation is not my #1 priority when im looking into a set of cans, comfort is one of them tho.

the AKG 545 costs 175$ and thats topping my budget at the moment, the same store sells TMA-1 X for a 145$ but Im not a big fan of those fabric cushins as they tend to bust up after a while.

Any further suggestions ?

Kinkykrs

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
yes I can actually, i just read tons of matirial on the fidelity, that looks like a perfect match from my pricerange aswell.

ill give it a few days of thought..

I appreciate ur help joel, thanks allot <3<3<3

blockbuster21

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Please can anyone tell me if there are cordless headphones that i can use watching TV as i am hard of hearing and dont want to anoy neighbours by turning the sound up , also if i was wearing them in the same room could the other person still hear the TV normally .

Thank you .

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Maybe give Sennheiser a call and explain exactly what your current kit is. Their RS range, I believe, allow this but I guess it is dependent upon the kit you have.

TRENDING THREADS