Improving a very old system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently changed my listening and am now using streamed lossless as a front end. Currently through a squeezebox duet which I intend to supplement with a DACmagic.

So my existing set up is a Arcam Alpha CD player, a Linn Intek amp and EPOS ES14's.

Would welcome advice on what to upgrade first. My temptation is the amp for a number of reasons, firstly I rarely play CD's so not sure of the point of upgrading the ARCAM, I am very pleased with EPOS sound but suspect I am not fully exploiting them with the amplifier?

Any suggestions welcome

A

Anonymous

I suspect you'll find that the epos have a lot of as yet untapped potential

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rob - so any suggsetions as to what amp might partener the speakers well (absolute top limit of £1000)?

A

Anonymous

No idea sorry. I've not owned that many amps and not owned 14s so a meaningless opinion :)

Not sure how many Epos owners you'll find on this forum as it tends to be people who buy modern kit. Was Epos with Naim a popular combination once or have I imagined that?

EDITED BY MODS - House Rules

A

Anonymous

You are right - I think when I heard them demo'd it was through NAIM combo - perhaps thats a good place to start

A

Anonymous

hI

just wondered how you got on, i have a boken pair of es14's with an old alpha9 which i loved. i can't find any speakers under £1000 that i like to replace the es14's :-(

A

Anonymous

Epos speakers are a match made for Creek amplification. Try looking at some of their kit as good deals can be had on new and older amps / cd players.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts