Im building a New system..... any advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi ,

Im starting all over again ive been away from home cinema etc for a number of years so im starting from scratch. Ive started just with a dvd and tv ... Sony Hxd 995 and my new Tv should be here shortly .... Sony KDL-46z4500 which i know should go well together (or hope) . I have a PS3 which will do my Blue ray for now. So my questions are a couple

Best way to connect to TV ?

What would make a good AV receiver ? Ive had a look at the Yamaha DSPAX863SE any thoughts or other suggestions ?

What would be the best interconnects for these .... do i need to make any set up adjustments ?

And finally speakers for Music & Speakers for Cinema ?

Any type of help would be greatly appreciated as to be honest the upscaling terms etc have me a bit baffled so i wont be insulted if you start with basics.

Buying its one thing setting it up to get the most is another .

Thanks ,

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
dean1969:
Hi ,

Im starting all over again ive been away from home cinema etc for a number of years so im starting from scratch. Ive started just with a dvd and tv ... Sony Hxd 995 and my new Tv should be here shortly .... Sony KDL-46z4500 which i know should go well together (or hope) . I have a PS3 which will do my Blue ray for now. So my questions are a couple

Best way to connect to TV ?

What would make a good AV receiver ? Ive had a look at the Yamaha DSPAX863SE any thoughts or other suggestions ?

What would be the best interconnects for these .... do i need to make any set up adjustments ?

And finally speakers for Music & Speakers for Cinema ?

Any type of help would be greatly appreciated as to be honest the upscaling terms etc have me a bit baffled so i wont be insulted if you start with basics.

Buying its one thing setting it up to get the most is another .

Thanks ,

Most importantly, how much do you have to spend?

There are lots of different options - like Sony receiver instead of the Yamaha. I think that the 2400es is very similar in ability to the Yamaha but as you have Sony dvd player, PS3 and tv, the Bravia sync is a nice extra. If I slot a BD or DVD in my Bluray player, the receiver and LCD clicks in to gear straightaway - no need to check which AV you need it on.

Do you want traditional or style speakers? How big is your room? The set up (cables) is the easy bit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts