IFi ZEN DAC

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I am interested to hear from any one who uses this above DAC. All the reviews seem positive about its build, features and sound quality. From my perspective currently I am using a Sony £20 headphone via my lap top, I want to improve the sound quality and I listen to many genres of music. I have finance to purchase this above DAC but would it improve the sound quality via my headphones or would I have to get more expensive headphones like the ones all used in various reviews? Also if I would get the above DAC I would need to use a headphone Jack adapter would this diminish sound quality?

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
I have one in my desktop system and for the money it's decent if not the last word in refinement. That can't be expected for the price. If you are using a laptop I'd recommend a DF Red or Cobalt over it as you can also use one of those portably.

SteveR750

You could buy a used dacmagic XS and a new set of decent phones for same cost. It's always cheaper than the dragonfly and the cyrus equivalents as they had WHF star buys etc, but in truth they all sound very similar with same constraints in power as they're all USB powered, so the Cambridge device is something of a bargain

KaneSavage

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
I use an ifi Zen DAC and I honestly can't fault it for the money. I've used it as a source for my Roksan Caspian/KEF Reference combo and to power a pair of modest AKG Y50's. Excellent results all around, you could certainly do worse

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts