Ifi iCan - Headphone Amplifier - review

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I have been playing with the Ifi iCan headphone amp for a couple of months and I am really impressed by it. I think a few people might be interested in this due to it's relatively low price and bass / soundstage controls. I was a little dubious about the controls before I tried them but they're very interesting, whether you have several headphones and especcially if you don't. I only had a couple of niggles with this one, anyway click on the following link to read more...

http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/ifi-ican-review.html

EDD_5812.jpg

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
That's a pretty good review. I first learned about their i-devices (not Apple BTW) in a Stereophile article, then Headfonia did a review also. I have too many amps now, but I still want one of these.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
dalethorn said:
That's a pretty good review. I first learned about their i-devices (not Apple BTW) in a Stereophile article, then Headfonia did a review also. I have too many amps now, but I still want one of these.
Thanks Dale! Yeah I wondered at first whether the i-device was related to Apple at all too. Can you find a link to the Headfonia review? I couldn't find it anywhere. The only reason I mention it is that originally it was Headfonia that asked me to review the Ifi range. After I agreed I heard nothing back so months later when I saw no reviews crop up on their site I contacted Ifi directly to see if they wanted me to review them and they were very happy to send me the amplifier to start. Would you like me to ask them if they'd be willing to send you one also?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
quadpatch said:
Thanks Dale! Yeah I wondered at first whether the i-device was related to Apple at all too. Can you find a link to the Headfonia review? I couldn't find it anywhere. The only reason I mention it is that originally it was Headfonia that asked me to review the Ifi range. After I agreed I heard nothing back so months later when I saw no reviews crop up on their site I contacted Ifi directly to see if they wanted me to review them and they were very happy to send me the amplifier to start. Would you like me to ask them if they'd be willing to send you one also?

I guess I had it wrong about the Headfonia review - they just discussed it as another option. I have several amps, and while the iCan looks great, it won't be on the top of my list because I just don't buy separate DACs. I have a phobia about interconnect cables. The Pico DAC/amp looks interesting, and the Woo WA7 Fireflies looks VERY interesting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts