iFi hip-dac

Neiljbp

May 8, 2020
Visit site
I'm looking for a simple dac that is usable with an ACER CHROMEBOOK.

Regardless of what some people say, the Dragonfly, did not want to work, when borrowed from a friend and I suspect other inexpensive dac's will be just as fussy with a CHROMEBOOK.

Does anyone know for absolute certain, what can be reliably used in this instance.

Thankyou.............

njw1

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site

Regardless of what some people say, the Dragonfly, did not want to work, when borrowed from a friend and I suspect other inexpensive dac's will be just as fussy with a CHROMEBOOK.

Does anyone know for absolute certain, what can be reliably used in this instance.

Thankyou.............
Try the Cambridge Audio DacMagic+, I use it on my iMac and laptop, great sound and a good amplifier to boost the volume too. Pick a gold one up from CA direct for £50, bargain!

Neiljbp

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Here's something you won't believe and any money this gets taken down really quickly, because WHAT HIFI, will not want it to be seen by Cyrus.
Got a response today from the company Cyrus. In particular, Pete Hillyard from Cyrus 'support'
They make cutesy little dac's, like the kind we are discussing here.
His response to my question of whether their inexpensive dac's will work with a CHROMEBOOK, was " we have not tested the soundKey with a Chromebook so do not know". But he 'thinks' that some of his customers have had no problems....... so that's alright then.
Top quality knowledge from a supposedly quality company................
I'm moving on..
Anyone wishing to see the email, for evidence, let me know..

HiPhile

Aug 18, 2020
Visit site
I got the iFi HIP DAC to use with my Fiio M11 Pro and Tidal Masters recordings, but the LED on the iFi stays green, as opposed to magenta for MQA. Is there some setting I have to change?

Or_Astroman

Sep 4, 2020
Visit site

Thankyou.............

I use this Dac with an HP Chromebook with no real problems. On rare occasions I have to open preferences and manually select the ifi as the output but that’s the only hiccup I’ve had. Used with the Tidal Chrome app, MQA files play just as they should. I’m not neurotic enough to compare the sound with the HP and my iPhone but I’ve enjoyed the dac with both quite a bit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts