• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

If you had what I have what would you do next?

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Hello everyone. I've just updated my equipment signature to reflect what I currently own. I'd be interested to hear what others would do next in terms of upgrading or replacing the next bit of kit in my main listening room; just one thing.

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
I'd get rid of amp/dac and replace with Cyrus 8 DAC - free up some space, and it will look nice with your CDP. That's what you want, right - it to look nice?

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
omnibeard said:
I'd get rid of amp/dac and replace with Cyrus 8 DAC - free up some space, and it will look nice with your CDP. That's what you want, right - it to look nice?
The older I get the more appealing "look nice" is. Cyrus 8 DAC or Cyrus 8 Qx DAC?

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Not a thing. Roksan Kandy and Spendor are one of the best systems I've heard. Play around with cable if you incline, but just relax and enjoy...

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
BenLaw said:
You look lovely this evening, but I don't like that dress.
It's a great line in theory, but how does it work out for you in practice?

ifor said:
The older I get the more appealing "look nice" is. Cyrus 8 DAC or Cyrus 8 Qx DAC?
Whichever looks nicer!

I'd go for the 8 DAC - save a few quid, and you might get some of this magical synergy matching Cyrus with Spendor.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
ifor said:
tino said:
Honestly ... unless you have some ulterior motiviation to change ... then nothing really for now.
Oh, go on help me dream!
OK then,

Option (1) ... get yourself a separate pre-amp with digital inputs ... e.g. a Cyrus Pre XP(d) ... and lose the DAC

Option (2) ... get yourself an integrated amp with digital inputs e.g. Cyrus 8 (Qx) DAC, Bel Canto C5i, Wyred4Sound mINT and lose both your existing DAC and Amp

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
[/quote]

OK then,

Option (1) ... get yourself a separate pre-amp with digital inputs ... e.g. a Cyrus Pre XP(d) ... and lose the DAC

Option (2) ... get yourself an integrated amp with digital inputs e.g. Cyrus 8 (Qx) DAC, Bel Canto C5i, Wyred4Sound mINT and lose both your existing DAC and Amp

[/quote]

I'm not sure that a separate pre-amp to the Kandy makes much sense, but correct me if I'm wrong. The Cyrus 8 (Qx) DAC does seem to make a lot of sense. Would it be good enough for me to dispense with the Cyrus CD8 SE? It's interesting that so far nobody yet has suggested I get a streamer.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
The preamp (with digital inputs) suggestion was to give the option to go to a Cyrus pre-power combination at a future date or go active on the speaker front.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
batonwielder said:
Not a thing. Roksan Kandy and Spendor are one of the best systems I've heard. Play around with cable if you incline, but just relax and enjoy...
Certainly the cheapest option. I do like the Cyrus 8 (Qx) DAC idea though, but I would have the added expense of having to get a phono stage also.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts