If you had a choice between the Sony A1 Oled, Panasonic ez952 and LG Oled which one would you choose?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Thanks. How you getting on with HDR and Dolby Vision on your LG? Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

LG gets the vote - cheers guys! Just what I think too. I am getting a new motherboard Tuesday and if that don’t workout I am swapping it for the E8.

gel said:
LG gets the vote - cheers guys!  Just what I think too.  I am getting a new motherboard Tuesday and if that don’t workout I am swapping it for the E8.  
Only 2 days ago, you were so happy with your TV that you were contemplating not even changing the motherboard. Just cautioning you about finding excuses to make a new purchase.....you always regret it afterwards (once the effect of endorphins have died), wanting to return it back.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi BB, John Lewis said they would make a straight swap if it doesn’t workout with the motherboard. No money from me. The new LG Oleds are said to be Dolby Vision profile 2 too which is said to fix the issues. I would like to keep mine and just do 4K but what choice do I have? I will see if through now.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I see all the various problems you've had and continue to have and the clear message I take away from it is don't buy into technology until it's matured a few years. Let it be some other mug who pays them thousands to do their beta testing for them. Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction, Gel.

D

Deleted member 2457

MajorFubar said:
I see all the various problems you've had and continue to have and the clear message I take away from it is don't buy into technology until it's matured a few years. Let it be some other mug who pays them thousands to do their beta testing for them. Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction, Gel.

I wish I had kept with my Oled 1080p 55-inch TV Major. But that was an ex-demo and showing signs of it, so I thought I would get a 65-inch 4K TV - nightmare!

D

Deleted member 2457

Thanks Major!
thumbs_up.png

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers DM! I suppose it’s what brand new motherboard they have bought, if it’s an e8 one then hopefully all good.

D

Deleted member 2457

There must be about 5 or 6 of us who own an LG Oled on here now, and 1 Philips Oled owner. It doesn’t surprise me that no one owns a Panasonic/Sony Oled.

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
I have a 55" E7 that I bought because of the £500 cashback offer. Whilst I liked the look of the Sony it would have been many hundreds of pounds extra because I'd have needed a new stand in addition to the £500 saving. No brainer.

D

Deleted member 2457

simonali said:
I have a 55" E7 that I bought because of the £500 cashback offer. Whilst I liked the look of the Sony it would have been many hundreds of pounds extra because I'd have needed a new stand in addition to the £500 saving. No brainer.
thumbs_up.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts