If I said 2000 GBP....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Very simple really;

I need to turn 2000 GDP into a CD player, Turntable, Amplifier and speakers. What is out there? What can you all suggest? Found great systems from Marantz (6004) for example but that just tips 1000 GDP. And of course there are wonderful set-ups well over the 2000 GDP mark (Cyrus, Audiolab etc.) But what about the middle ground the mid range if you will.

Any answers would be great but answers with links would be wonderful

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
To get meaningful advice, can you give a little more info:

- Taste in music

- Size of room and how its decorated (acoustics)

- How you like your music presented (smooth/detailed vs more forward/lively)

- Preference of floorstanders or standmounts

- Would you consider a streamer

- Other brands you've heard and liked

Sorry for the interrogation

Cno

A

Anonymous

GBP - dont know why i was thinking gross domestic product - thanks for the spot

A

Anonymous

Taste in music is hard to really pin down. I really am one of those people with a very, VERY broad range of music likes. I couldsay that turntable wise would be mainly jazz,blues and classical with some modern stuff such a Bon Iver, Mum, Fink. CD music is absolutely anything. Room is a choice of 2 - living room - sofas, tv, rugs on wooden flooring, book cases and 2 terrariums. second room - office - book cases, 2 desks and 2 large wall units. both rooms are approx 20sqm. speaker - open to both depending on system balance. Finally i wouldsay a smooth detailed presentation but obviously a good balance would be perfect.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
eyegrado said:
Taste in music is hard to really pin down. I really am one of those people with a very, VERY broad range of music likes. I couldsay that turntable wise would be mainly jazz,blues and classical with some modern stuff such a Bon Iver, Mum, Fink. CD music is absolutely anything. Room is a choice of 2 - living room - sofas, tv, rugs on wooden flooring, book cases and 2 terrariums. second room - office - book cases, 2 desks and 2 large wall units. both rooms are approx 20sqm. speaker - open to both depending on system balance. Finally i wouldsay a smooth detailed presentation but obviously a good balance would be perfect.

Thx for that.

Chebby's suggestion would probably fit the bill, though you would probably need bigger speakers in a space that size.

I'm "turning in" shortly, so will comment more tomorrow if I have something constructive to add.....one more thing - which is more important, CD or Vinyl?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
If it were me (and I was still into seperates) I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Rega Brio-R (amp), Rega Apollo-R (CDP), Rega RP3 (turntable) and Rega RS1 (speakers).

well I was going to say the same....but I would do wouldn't I?

you want a smooth detailed presentation? The rega is amazing for the money!

what surprises most about my rega set up is the RP1 turntable, some music sounds fantastic.....got Roxy Music Avlon lp paying at the minute....iit's 30 years old, it sounds absolutely fantastic!

chebby said:
If it were me (and I was still into seperates) I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Rega Brio-R (amp), Rega Apollo-R (CDP), Rega RP3 (turntable) and Rega RS1 (speakers).

Agree that Rega produce fantastic gear, however, I'd personally have a reservation about the styling of the Apollo-R. I'd personally replace it with Arcam CD17.

Rega Brio-R

Arcam CD17

Totem Dreamcatchers (£595 from Audio-T)

Pro-ject Debut TT

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts