If future iPhones switch to USB-C, what will that mean for their sound quality?

TobyM

May 19, 2022
Visit site
Portless design is a terrible idea. USB-C is used to charge the phone. Most use bluetooth to listen to music. What I'd want from Apple is not having to have all sorts of cables and dongles just to charge one or another device. Portless is yet another obstacle to being able to charge one of these devices with a popular easily accessible cable out there. Sticking to any forms of charging method that ultimately makes it harder for consumers to charging their device will once more demonstrate Apple is far more concerned about its greed than anything else as the cost of their own cables and dongles have already plainly made evident.

Last edited:

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
ARCAM produced a "MUSICboost" for the iphone 6/6s, which gave a great uplift to the sound of the phone. personally, I do not use it often, useful on long trips. That added some USB-C functionality to the phone, charging the battery in the boost and the phone.

I paid less than £30 for it, it was rendered obsolete when Apple discontinued the phone. The review was 3/5 when the price was £99. I'd give it 5/5 at the lower price

It uses the PCM1704 DAC which the Naim DAC, now discontinued, used two of them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts