I won outlaw audio rr2150 on ebay

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got this for £181 shipped with a stepdown transformer. This I already know is going to be a phenominal upgrade to my pm6003 but does anyone else in the UK own this $700 monster or support products from these guys? I literally got it cheap because noone knows how amazing this amp actually is, the subs these guys make are crazy too and do low as 15hz!

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a really good deal! never heard of them mind you. Now all you need is some slamming speakers to go with it. ;)

A

Anonymous

sorry that was rude of me. It's just when I heard them they didn't seem to have any bass particularly. Perhaps they were faulty or something will go and check them out again.

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
This is true I read that in the review of the sub I'm looking at and it can apparently be felt but not detected as the source of the movements throughout a 200 apartment building. Thats my kind of music experience catered for :) My system gets used for gaming a lot too so the built in usb dac will be handy. Oh and to be fair we had to change the source and the cd a few times to get better bass reproduction from the q500s in store but the really neutral midrange and accurate treble sold them for me knowing eventually I would need a sub to complement the lack of low end.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Never heard of 'Outlaw' in the UK, but the review looks like we should? I doubt the styling will be to British tast?? However, the decerning listener will not worry?

As for base, at 15kz? . . . I prefer to hear/feel it, putting me I suspect in the low 40's??

I'm currently listening to some Organ music, notably 'Bach's Toccata and Fugue in G' . . . big pipes! . . . the room is pumping:bounce: . . . great, controlled sound from a small, very old 20w Rotel amp and equally old, folded horn, transmission line speakers.

Enjoy your Outlaw . . .

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok this has arrived and it's really well built all aluminium and the various knobs are lovely, the blue neon display is oldskool and the bass management is amazing with a sub. The quality step up from the pm6003 it replaces is massive, my speakers are finally getting a much needed flex. This thing goes LOUD but with some serious control the pm6003 could not possibly have. The bass is the first thing that I noticed because of the sheer earthquake levels it puts out in my small room even with the sub turned off! I tinkered with the cross over and set it to 80 for best effect with the sub on and balanced the sub level nicely. The treble is finally controlled on the q500s! No longer does it get messed up at volume it maintains clarity but never becomes shrill like on the marantz. Bit of a bargain and with my speakers throws out more chest manipulating slam and beautiful lovely treble than the other stuff I've tested this week. (bear in mind I've in the last week demoed a new Roksan kandy and a used MusicalFidelity A3.2 along with the audiolab8200, purely tested so I had a benchmark in the upto £1500 category)

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Loud, clear, controlled & punchy would be my guess to its sound?

It looks like a very good buy for under £200. Especially as it sounds like you know what you are looking for in an amp and what the outlaw offers.

Never heard of it either but not surprised as USA has its fair share of hi-fi companies.

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would say loud, clear, controlled and punchy are qualities it has in spades. Shame I need the ac/dc converter for it but they did make maybe 10 for the europe market.

Update: Just tried the Aphex Twin Richard D James album and never realised the first track had such a massive bass undercurrent flowing along with the music, it was just a kind of low rumble with the marantz amp but it's breathtaking and musical tonal bass with this monster! Bit worried to push for the 12 o'clock volume I usually play at with most amps because I'll damage my hearing.

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
God dammit I noticed it a bit with the previous amp but massively with this one. My right speakers tweeter is screwed and just rattles off the uniq surround ruining any enjoyable treble from that side. Looks like a call to sevenoaks is in order to get a replacement right speaker

edit: oh noes it's actually the glue holding the speaker material to the rubber that has failed and it has caused the speaker to tear in 2 small places where the glue has failed during usage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts