i-pod questions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ive just hooked my 80g ipod to my musical fidelity xa1 amp useing arcams r-dock, im happy with the sound but have a couple of questions, When you purchase music from i-tunes is it the highest quality? when ripping cd's on to i-tunes will i get a bit for bit copy?

Ive been into hi-fi for years so sound quality is the priorty for me, im new to the i-pod seen so any advice from you guys would be most welcome!

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Im pretty shaw the bit rate is mainly 128kbps when downloaded from itunes although u can can get some music thats of a higher bit rate, 192kbps i think.

I change the import settings to WAV and copy all my cds onto my laptop and stay clear of itunes downloads.

ukgthor

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
It depends on what type of music you are purchasing. If you purchase iTunes + music the download format is AAC 256kbps, however if you download the non + standard music, the format is AAC 128kbps.

You can set the rip format in iTunes by going through menu - preferences/general/import settings (I use a mac, so this may be different for a windows PC). If you set to Apple Lossless Encoder, you should get a bit for bit transfer when ripping CD's.

idc

Itunes bring out updated plus versions of tracks all the time and charge 20p per track to upgrade. But otherwise Plus and non Plus are the same price. Shop cannily. Remember all of Amazon's downloads are at 256kbps (the itunes Plus rate) and are often cheaper. The Amazon download manager that comes with buying tracks will automatically populate your itunes library if you tell it to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts