I Pad mainly Spotiy to Hifi??

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi

Sorry if this is an obvious question , but how do i get my Spotify on my I pad wirelessly to my below set up. ?

I have googled this but all a tad confusing.

Any help appreciated.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Ketan Bharadia said:
Hello, you can connect the iPad to your system via Bluetooth. You just need to buy a Bluetooth receiver such as Arcam's miniBlink (£90).

Thanks for the reply. TBH I only listen to spotify through the Hifi on the odd occasion so would not really want to go to that kind of expense.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
For such a comprehensively specified and expensive piece of kit, to have no Airplay or Bluetooth function built in seems perverse. Puts the M1 way behind the curve.

Given Apple's (deliberate?) poor implementation of Bluetooth adding an AEX or ATV is probably a better option, refurb/reboxed ATVs can be had for £59 if you look around. Both have SPDIF optical out so connect digitally.

Performance wise the Amazon Fire TV is a good option, Android streamer that has Spotify Connect built in. This gives a wired solution with the Spotify app on your iPad working as a remote control.

When I have tried Connect over regular Spotify I always think Connect sounds better, though there is absolutely no reason why this should be the case as the music 'files' will be identical.

Be aware, if you use the EQ in the iOS Spotify app, it is not supported in 'Connect' mode.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Womaz said:
Ketan Bharadia said:
Hello, you can connect the iPad to your system via Bluetooth. You just need to buy a Bluetooth receiver such as Arcam's miniBlink (£90).

Thanks for the reply. TBH I only listen to spotify through the Hifi on the odd occasion so would not really want to go to that kind of expense.

Your M1 Clic does not have the functionality, so you will have to add it. Cheaper Bluetooth adapters are available but anything decent will cost a minimum of £30-40. Otherwise use your usb/iPad cable into the front socket.

The photo on your iPad should rotate automatically though a few (non Apple) apps do not. If it does not you probably have Screen lock enabled. This can be undone in the Settings menu, Control Centre or by using the slide switch depending on your settings and iOS.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
For such a comprehensively specified and expensive piece of kit, to have no Airplay or Bluetooth function built in seems perverse. Puts the M1 way behind the curve.

Given Apple's (deliberate?) poor implementation of Bluetooth adding an AEX or ATV is probably a better option, refurb/reboxed ATVs can be had for £59 if you look around. Both have SPDIF optical out so connect digitally.

Performance wise the Amazon Fire TV is a good option, Android streamer that has Spotify Connect built in. This gives a wired solution with the Spotify app on your iPad working as a remote control.

When I have tried Connect over regular Spotify I always think Connect sounds better, though there is absolutely no reason why this should be the case as the music 'files' will be identical.

Be aware, if you use the EQ in the iOS Spotify app, it is not supported in 'Connect' mode.

Yes the CLIC is about 5 years old now so it does not have any of these that I am aware. Just looked at the Fire TV and again more than I would pay.

It was more a convenience thing as I was browsing Spotify today. I do connect this to my Hifi on the odd occasion but to be honest the SQ is not that good. Therefore I would not listen to it that much., so it would have to be a really cheap solution.

I dont want to start one of those debates on here about SQ, but whereas I cant tell a difference between my FLAC files and my original CDs, I feel there is a big difference between Spotify at 320kb and my FLAC files. So much so that my spotify listening is very rare.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
There is often a difference in sound quality as you describe it, but any 'big difference' between FLAC and the Ogg Vorbis format is more likely to be caused by setup and settings issues than simply bit rates.

If you only listen occasionally and are not worried about optimising the sound quality, a simple Bluetooth Dongle can be plugged into the front panel usb to give you streaming functionality, a branded product from someone like Asus should cost around £10-15. Look here...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CM83SC0/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0013BFQUE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1A9PVCNC3WT6Z3YCNYYS

On the other hand streaming is in for a fair shake up this year with Apple's likely entry into the field and Tidal and Deezer all offering uncompressed options. Maybe buy a cheap dongle 'for fun' and look into the subject later in the year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts