I need help on matching or bettering speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=tannoy+611

I have a pair of these speakers and owned them for many years,I wondered if anyone knows how much I need to equal or slightly better them with some new speakers?[recently damaged and now very distorted]

For e.g if I bought these below would I be downgrading or upgrading on these above? I am looking at same or better quality,any help appreciated. What Hi-fi gave 5 stars for these below but my tannoys are many years old

http://www.pricerunner.homecinematv.co.uk/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=MIS-M33I-BEECH

A

Anonymous

I don't know anything about your speakers, but I will say that I had the ones that you are considering buying, and they really aren't very good.

IMO you'd need to spent more than £500 to get decent floorstanding speakers, below that price go for standmounted.

Read some reviews on this site on speakers. What's the rest of your system? Amp CD etc?

A

Anonymous

My system is old so reluctant to pay more than £150 if I can help it.

Technics ST-GT1000 Dab seperate Tuner

Technics SU-A900 Amp

Sony Mini Disc DEck MDS-JE510

Marantz CD Player CD-52MK2 Special Edition

Sony TC-K611s Stereo Cassette Deck

Also have PC with broadband connected to AMP

A

Anonymous

I have the mission 33i speakers and only one speaker still is delivering decent sound so it turned out nothing wrong with tannoys and apparently a channel has gone on the amp causing distortion.

So my Dad has said go for a nad amp,any ideas?

A

Anonymous

neilm832:
I have the mission 33i speakers and only one speaker still is delivering decent sound so it turned out nothing wrong with tannoys and apparently a channel has gone on the amp causing distortion.

So my Dad has said go for a nad amp,any ideas?

you could always get the channel repaired? Whats your budget if you got a new amplifier?

Also aslong as you still have the packaging etc you can return the speakers?

A

Anonymous

I do have the packaging but after paying postage to return them I think I may as well keep them as sound is ok through the channel working.

I probably needed upgrading speakers too.

I am looking at budget £200-£250 to replace Technics SU-A-900 that got 5 stars on this magazine site back in the 90's

A

Anonymous

Cambridge Audio 540A or Rotel RA-04 are other possibilities

TRENDING THREADS