I love Primare :-)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
My ECS amp is going back for a service so my friend kindly let me borrow his Primare A30.2 for the duration. It would be unfair to compare the Primare to my reference ECS as the latter cost nearly 4 times as much however Primare sound a lot more expensive than it cost.

What's get me is that every songs sound so soulful no matter what I play. "Hallelujah" track from Jeff Buckley's Grace seem to have an extra does of spine tingle sound, it was effortless and easy to enjoy

The bass on A30.2 is very tuneful if not the deepest I heard, the treble have a nice balance ring to it although on few tracks I wish the cymbals crash last longer and more air around intruments. All in all I am very impress with the product, for the price my friend paid for I couldn't think of many thing can better the A30.2. Spot on.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
hi Thaiman, would you be able to say how the a30.2 sounds compared to the i30? i had the i30 on demo and loved it, but i'm also considering getting 2nd hand pre-power.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I have one whole day with the I30 but with different speakers. Personally I think the Pre/power (in most case) will have advantage as the design is not compromise. The A30.2 case is packed full with components (good quality too) and that without any Pre-section!

A

Anonymous

Craig M.:hi Thaiman, would you be able to say how the a30.2 sounds compared to the i30? i had the i30 on demo and loved it, but i'm also considering getting 2nd hand pre-power.

My first primare was A30.2, so I know the beast very well. I30 is faster, less laidback. Finally, I decided for pre-power

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
thanks for the replies, i think based on janusz's comment, i might be better with the i30. i did like the faster sounding bass compared to my kandy.

JohnDuncan:(yesssss)

Oh no. No, no, no. JD does not need any encouragement
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts