I bough a new amp

gasolin

Something unexpected happened

I bought a different amp, i want high pass filter and subsonic filter but that might be challenging so i didn't find one

I have a marantz pm 6007 that can drive my speakers to it's limit and a little more (measured to have 60 watt in 4 ohm and 80 watt in 4 ohm in both channels)

Had bought a audioquest dragonfly black since my internal asus card did have dropouts where it paused the music on tidal for no reason as if the input changed, so fare the dragonfly works with no problems, plug n play (better sound than my asus card)

For some reason i wanted to try my nad c717 equal to a Denon RCD-M40 just with a dvd player and more expensive when it was new

That sounded good (i also have a new soundcard as metioned) less softness in the upper midrange (still nice,soft to listen to) and a little more bass from my front speakers (class d amp), power, have always been somewhat impressed of how much it has and it's just enough not to blow my speakers up when playing loud, might not be the most detailed amp but still good, the space impression (the thing you often notice in a bathroom with a little echo or reverb) is good.

Although i didn't buy a class d nad amp i wanted to have a nad amp again (my c717 is many year old, backup nampå and works but has a slow cdplayer)

I found a nad C326BEE for exactly half price (finally price) of what a C320BEE costs from another seller that i bought for only 54 euros

Now i just hope it has no scratches, don't get super hot (they do get hot) great bass (punchy),not to bright, and of course has preout and sub out in case i need or wnat to have active speakers or a power amp

if i for some reason still have the wish for speakers with a little more bass, what brands are a good match with a Nad C326BEE

Last edited:
Reactions: manicm

gasolin

If no one upgradede there wouldn't be much new hifi

It's not like a 40 year old system in working condition can play a cd from 2024

A litlle more difficult with games, either an old pc new game or old game ands new pc

Im not a youtuber who reviews hifi like zeos pantera, thomas&stereo or darko audio but i do like to try different hifi like someone tries new pc part or cars, i just don't keep it forever

No it's not a hifi store

maxresdefault[1].jpg

Last edited:

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
If no one upgradede there wouldn't be much new hifi

It's not like a 40 year old system in working condition can play a cd from 2024

A litlle more difficult with games, either an old pc new game or old game ands new pc

Im not a youtuber who reviews hifi like zeos panter, thomas&stereo or darko audio but i do like to try different hifi like someone tries new pc part or cars, i just don't keep it forever

No it's not a hifi store

View attachment 7566
I do admire you Gasolin, you are experiencing far more than I could ever have the patience to do. We seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum, I attacked my dream system head on, you are prepared to tinker around the edges until you eventually find your dream system...maybe you never will, maybe you like tinkering and exploring :) All the best (y)

gasolin

There are also no perfect car(s)

Some might in there live have had 10 cars some 2-3 cars and then theres those who have 10-15 cars within 10 years or less

Hifi is no different some might have speakers or an amp for 10-20 years some change like those i mentioned from youtube, zeos pantera, thomas&stereo and darko audio , it's all about having fun and at the same time enjoy what you have

I'll bet that those with with an expensive tt often change there cartridge to something else or have a tt where they can have 2 or 3 tonearms with different cartridges, not to mention tube rolling, even when you don't have the same system as you did 10 years ago you can still have fun,enjoy listening to music.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts