I am home demoing Kef R300s and LS50s this weekend. Will my Marantz SR7005 AV be sufficient?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am picking these 2 speakers up Saturday on home demo till Tuesday.

I was wondering if my Marantz is good enough to get the best out of these speakers?

I will listening to Usb flac files, sacds, dvd as with Pure copper speaker cables(not branded).

The only other AV receiver the store has that i could swap the 7005 for(and pay the extra) is the Yamaha RXA3010. I previoulsy had the 1010 with Monitor Audio RX1S and wasn't overly impressed(sounded the same as 671 model).

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I think the LS50's will sound better with the RXA3010, and the R300's with the 7005. Just my hunch based on tonal matching. I think although the Yamaha and the R300's would make a great system, it would be a little smooth for me, although I did mess about with the EQ of a Yamaha recently to 'liven up' a speaker package I was using. Worked a treat. I'd still go for the LS50's though.

A

Anonymous

The Marantz will be powerful enough for the LS50 - and they do need power and control - but being honest, the answer to your question ie '...Marantz is good enough to get the best out of these speakers', is no. They are great speakers for the money and the better the amplifcation, the more open, detailed and controlled they sound. I have purchased them for a second system but have tried them as the front end to my Chord Mezzo 140 and Prima (with a Blu and QBD76) and they are incredible - not going to replace my M&D Muse IIa but one of the very best stand-mounts I've ever heard under £1000. However, only you can decide whether you like the combination and whether they provide value for money (which is more than just about sound). Personally, I feel you may end up frustrated, knowing they are capable of so much more but the Marantz receiver being unable to deliver it but if you're ever going to upgrade the receiver, then the LS50 makes more sense.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts