I also need a budget system

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Have narrowed it down to the following systems to go into a 5m by 3m lounge; Cambridge Audio 6 series cd player and amp with the MS 902 at £550. Advantage is that i can use a pair of kef iq5's with it and use the MS in an office with an Onkyo CS515 What hifi recommendation of Marantz 6002, Rotel RA05 (need a remote!!). Will cost around £770 including the MS speakers but has the advantage of being able to choose a pair of say BR5's instead for the lounge. Onkyo CS515 and another set of kefs for around £500. Is the rotel worth £200 more than the cambridge audio and is there anything else i should be looking at in the same price bracket?

nads

[quote user="Thaiman"]Marantz - Nad - Kef (or B&W)[/quote]

so thats Marantz CD, Nad amp and kef/B&W speakers?

if so i would like to make a suggestion and a recommendation.

Nad cd and amp (i find that they do work very well together and the remote from the amp should do both.

Also the B&W sound seems well balanced by the NAD sound.

But i have not heard any Kef's for a long long time....but as always use your ears.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]Marantz - Nad - Kef (or B&W)[/quote]

Which Nad would you recommend? I alreayd have the kefs and would either keep them and buy say tannoys for the office or replace them with possibly BR5's or B&W 685's. Am mainly going on the what hifi team recommentations. All the options are very confusing and it is not as easy to find one retailer that stocks it all and as for getting a home demo i must look shifty as the answer is always no despite the offer of a large deposit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts