I’ve been very bad boy and brought a Yamaha A-S3000

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
PS. Perhaps someone should get in contact with whatever dealership it is, make them aware of this thread so they have a chance to state their position ... .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
drummerman said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
drummerman said:
Gonepostal said:
Wow interesting read, I have to say that In this instance you should trust your gut instinct. After reading this thread mine would be telling me to get a refund and move on.
they

Why?

Because almost everyone here is making a meal of a situation that only just arised?

The boys and girls from the dealership collected the amp and ordered a new one from Yamaha.

What else do you want have done?

I'd very much dislike being a dealer selling to you lot :)

(Sorry Rick)
they haven’t ordered a new amplifier now because the old one is working again

???? This thread is moving to fast, can't keep up.

How can all these things happen over the w/end? Are they open 24/7?

I thought you said they have ordered a new one ... . So, they have now cancelled the order?

I am leaving this thread :)
And originally that’s what they told me what was going to happen but since then they have had it setup in there demo room working ok so yep it’s got very messy to be honest with you I do not understand how a amplifier comes from completely dead to a fully working amplifier so tomorrow it’s a new one or money back simple as that really .

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
drummerman said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
drummerman said:
Gonepostal said:
Wow interesting read, I have to say that In this instance you should trust your gut instinct. After reading this thread mine would be telling me to get a refund and move on.
they

Why?

Because almost everyone here is making a meal of a situation that only just arised?

The boys and girls from the dealership collected the amp and ordered a new one from Yamaha.

(Sorry Rick)

I thought you said they have ordered a new one ... . So, they have now cancelled the order?

And originally that’s what they told me what was going to happen but since then they have had it setup in there demo room working ok so yep it’s got very messy to be honest with you I do not understand how a amplifier comes from completely dead to a fully working amplifier so tomorrow it’s a new one or money back simple as that really .

Which dealership is it? I'll send 'em a link to this thread.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
drummerman said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
drummerman said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
drummerman said:
Gonepostal said:
they

Why?

(Sorry Rick)

Which dealership is it? I'll send 'em a link to this thread.
what’s that going to prove ? I am not slagging them of they have been helpful but they have to follow there policy

gasolin

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/a-s3000/index.html

Have you product registrated the amp for extended warranty? If not remember it next time from 2 years to 5 year warranty

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gasolin said:
https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/a-s3000/index.html

Have you product registrated the amp for extended warranty? If not remember it next time from 2 years to 5 year warranty
I didn’t get a chance to do the warranty on the amplifier yet but I’ve emailed the company I brought the amplifier of and told them please order a new one or I will cancel my order as I’ve had a gut full already

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Good news this morning the Yamaha A-S3000 I sent back is now not working for them and a new Yamaha A-S3000 is on its way but probably be a week or more before they get a new replacement from Yamaha but it’s good news .

jjbomber

Blacksabbath25 said:
Good news this morning the Yamaha A-S3000 I sent back is now not working for them and a new Yamaha A-S3000 is on its way but probably be a week or more before they get a new replacement from Yamaha but it’s good news .

''90% of what you worry about never happens''.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
drummerman said:
Indeed and perhaps a mention for the dealer which has acted quickly and decently ...
The dealer as been mentioned ages ago in this thread which is Audiovisual and at no point have I slagged them of as they have been very good at sorting out this mess eventually .

But what I found frustrating was that I had to phone Yamaha up on there behalf and emails , phone calls to Audiovisual them selfs to find out what was happening with the amplifier that I sent back to them as they wouldn’t order a new one in until they knew what was wrong with the amplifier I sent back

Which at one point the amplifier was working again and started to make me look stupid as I told them it was a dead amplifier but for them the amplifier was working with no problems so this involved phone calls to them and emails as I was worried they were not going to replace the amplifier but send it back to me if they couldn’t find a fault with the amplifier which I didn’t want as I knew there was a problem with the amplifier .

Anyway a phone call to Yamaha tech support again and a email to Audiovisual to say I was not interested in have the faulty amplifier back and basically said in my email that I wanted a replacement or I would cancel my agreement with them .

then the same day I got a phone call to say when they got in on Monday they tried the amplifier but nothing it was dead like I had told them right from the beginning and now they have discovered it for them selfs they then ordered a replacement amplifier and things where then sorted out .

Now I am not blaming Audiovisual because it’s there policy to find out what was the matter with the amplifier but as they couldn’t see a problem then this made me worry in the meantime because I thought I was going to get back a faulty amplifier back at this point which I didn’t want and you would feel the same if your just spent £4000 on a amplifier but this is there policy because they do get people who buy stuff and send it back and say it’s faulty when it isn’t which unfortunately I think I got tarred with the same brush .

The main thing is it’s sorted out now it’s been a bit long winded but I’ve got there

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
steve_1979 said:

+1

Name and erm... whatever the opposite of shame is.

That'll be Name and Proclaim
regular_smile.png

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
You can definitely say that this thread has been a journey so I am sorry it’s been long winded and hopefully tomorrow It will be a very positive post

Maybe so, but it's the most interesting one on here for a while.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts