Hybrid Headphone recommendations

Tfselman

Nov 30, 2023
I travel via plane very often, so my current headphones are some Bose QC35 ii.

I've recently started enjoying HiFi music. Amongst other things, I bought a Dragonfly Black and subscribed to Tidal HiFi Plus so I can listen to music when away from my home system. While I enjoy the Bose headphones' ANC to watch movies on an ipad while flying, when I plug them into the Dragonfly to listen to music, I feel like they don't sound as great.

Does anybody recommend another set of cans that include: 1) Bluetooth/ANC for plane time, and 2) better quality sound when plugged in via the USB DAC? Am I being to picky here? Can I have my cake and eat it too?

What do you guys think?

Tfselman

Nov 30, 2023
I would suggest you keep the Bose for listening on the move and, buy a pair of wired headphones for listening plugged-in with better sound quality. It would help if you can tell us the budget?
Thanks. My budget would be around $300.
I did think about getting another set of headphones, but that would mean more stuff to lug around in my backpack when I travel.

Are the Sony WX5s any good wired? I see that they’re always winning best Bluetooth headphones.

Tfselman

Nov 30, 2023
Thanks. My budget would be around $300.
I did think about getting another set of headphones, but that would mean more stuff to lug around in my backpack when I travel.

Are the Sony WX5s any good wired? I see that they’re always winning best Bluetooth headphones.
Or I could get some $100 or less IEMs if there’s anything worthwile. If so, that would not take up space.

nopiano

Come on people! Help a brother out!
Welcome!

You have a very particular requirement, and I’m probably one of several who would love to suggest something, but cannot.

I’m sure you’ll find something that fits the bill, but the suggestion of two different designs seems by far the most logical imho.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts