Humax to my Mac.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
One of my favourite Radio 4 comedies is "In and Out of The Kitchen" with Miles Jupp and Justin Edwards. I have the complete series 1 - 3 on CD.

Back in August & September the BBC broadcast series 4 (6 episodes) and I knew the CD would take forever to appear, so I recorded the whole series from Freeview Radio to the HDD in my Humax.

I decided today to try and get these onto my Mac and then iTunes as there is still no news of a future CD yet.

Out with a USB stick, plugged it into the Humax and used Opt+ to 'move/copy'. Then about 10 minutes later 6 episodes with day and date appended to the end of the series name on each episode file. (Eg. 20150805 for the 5th August episode) This was handy later.

Dumped the 6 Quicktime files into the Mac Mini's desktop and ignored the rest.

Then from Quicktime I 'exported' all the files to iTunes. Once iTunes was opened I converted them to AAC and 'consolidated' the files (library / organise / consolidate) then ejected the memory stick and deleted the desktop versions.

Added artwork and tweaked the file names to convert the handy 'datestamps' into episode 1, episode 2 etc. and made them into an album and a playlist and synced my iPhone and iPad Mini...

Sounding good and a decent 'placeholder' until the BBC come up with a CD version for me to buy ...

22677501033_2c9bdbe30a.jpg

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
daveh75 said:
That's a lot of faffage.

Have you not looked at Get iPlayer Automatic (its a GUI version of get_iPlayer for Apple users)

https://github.com/GetiPlayerAutomator/get-iplayer-automator

I enjoyed it as a bit of a challenge. I probably won't need to do it again any time soon.

Also I wasn't getting the files from iPlayer but from Freeview radio broadcasts recorded to a Humax. (I had set up the whole series to record in my - partial - absence during that period.)

daveh75

chebby said:
Also I wasn't getting the files from iPlayer but from Freeview radio broadcasts recorded to a Humax. (I had set up the whole series to record in my - partial - absence during that period.)

I know. it was just a suggestion as it would have removed several steps, its also acts as a PVR, including series linking.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts