Humax PVR-9300T / PVR9150T

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
My mother is looking to save some money and ditch her Sky subscription (but likes the ease of recording that Sky+ offers). She has asked me what she can do so i've suggested a hard disk recorder. A quick google on the internet and it would seem that the Humax PVR-9300T is an excellent choice (also 5 star rated by What Hi-Fi) so i thought that i'd see her opinion on spending around £160 on this piece of kit. Then i saw the Humax PVR9150T, which as a cheaper option would be better for my mother. Is this an identical box to the 9300T apart from the hard disk capacity, or are there other features which make it inferior to the 9300T ? Thanks in advance for any information.

Chisy1

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
From memory I don't think the 9150 has HDMI upscaling, but that might not be an issue. Can't add anything further I'm afraid.

I have the old 9200 and I think it's great and recently bought the 9300 for my in-laws and they are enjoying the functionality and not missing Sky either!

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Think i've just found the answer to the above (downloaded spec sheets from Humax website).

Identical apart from disk capacity, and the 9300T has HDMI and RCA connections.

Not sure spending the extra, just for the upscaling with HDMI, is really of benefit to my mother, who has always made do with Scart connections and picture quality before.

A

Anonymous

Also the 9300 has a digital output, which probably isn't relevant here. I only have the 9150, but at least can say that Humax seems to be very reliable so far, with no issues.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts