Humax HDR FOX T2 wiped HDD

johnnyblue

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Wondering whether anyone else has had this problem - switched on Humax to find message saying HDD needed to be formatted before use.I then discovered that all the programmes we'd recorded had been wiped and I had to format the HDD before we could record any new ones.Don't know how this happened,but I'm now wondering if this is a known fault or if anyone else has had this problem.Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

johnnyblue

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
As no one else seems to have experienced the same problem I'm assuming that I'm the first.If true,I'm guessing that it was somehow caused by the high sensitivity of the remote.Basically,as I was the last person to use it and left it on the sofa overnight,I think the dog laid on the remote and somehow pressed the right combination to format the hdd. So - Humax owners,be warned.Sounds unlikely I know,but it's either that or the machine formatted itself.Or my dog didn't like our choice of recordings.

---lie---

Mar 3, 2007
Visit site
This has just happened to me too! I turned off the box this morning went out came home turned it on to find that message and all my recordings gone. No one else was in the house all day and no one else uses the box apart from me. I am not impressed at all have lost around 15 films I had saved along with Olympic stuff. Definitely a Humax fault??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts