Humax HDR-FOX T2 - HDMI issues

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been waiting for this box for quite some time, and picked mine up from Richer Sounds Bristol this morning. It appears that there are some early teething issues, mostly related to HDMI. I think the main problem is with HDMI handshaking, which a number of people seem to be having. I lose the picture whenever shifting channels or exiting the guide, and get intermittent audio. I can get the picture and sound back properly by cycling inputs away from and back to the Humax, although the image sometimes has errors being either one colour, or with garbled/repeated blocks. Cycling inputs again generally solves this. This happens whether connected directly to my amp (Yamaha RX-V 3900) or directly to my TV (Samsung LE40A656). This happens with either the supplied HDMI cable or the Chord Co. SuperShield. I've also found that the box hangs and requires a reboot if I try to perform a search with the EPG. The HDMI issue in particular appears to be affecting quite a few people. I know a test of this box is coming up in next month's magazine, can any WHF staff shed any light on encountering similar issues?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts