Humax HDR-FOX T2 - Editing Recorded Programmes?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This may well have been done to death elsewhere - please be gentle with me as I'm not familiar with this forum's tools and am proceeding with L plates firmly in place!

I had a previous version of the Humax freeview box on which it was possible to edit recorded programmes to e.g. delete space taken up by commercial breaks.

Looking through the instruction manual of my newer freeview box, there does not appear to be any text covering this topic.

I'd be really grateful if any of you knowledgeable folks could let me know if this is possible and if there are any instructions available to let me know how to do it. I have realised that the 500gb hard drive will soon be full so thought it worth trying to trim down the size of files before worrying about how to move files to my mac, which I'm sure is an altogether more complicated process!!

Thanks.

Peter

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Afraid it can't do this - don't think any of the current hard drive only PVRs offer this ability - just the one's with either a DVD or Blu-ray recorder in them.

However, it is possible to move files on to a USB hard drive allowing you to free up space - it just needs to be formatted as a FAT partition on your Mac and you can then transfer recordings to it. They are encrypted though, so you won't be able to watch them on the Mac (though I know there is a complicated process whereby it is possible to decrypt them, I don't know the full details I'm afraid).

You have to remember, PVRs are really designed for allowing you to record programmes and watch them at a later time - they're not really meant for building up large volumes of recordings to be kept, which isn't generally looked on favourably by TV studios!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for letting me know professorhat - it may have been a Panasonic dvd player with hard drive that had the edit feature rather than the older Humax unit.

Peter

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
WHF's "Best Freeview HD recorder 2011", the Samsung BD-DT7800, has quite an extensive edit suite - you can edit a programme very precisely to edit out both the lead-in material and the adverts. You can also split a recording into 2 or more portions too - although I'm not really sure why you might want to do that.

A

Anonymous

professorhat said:
Afraid it can't do this - don't think any of the current hard drive only PVRs offer this ability - just the one's with either a DVD or Blu-ray recorder in them.

Panasonic's DMR-HW100 PVR will allow you to edit recordings on the hard drive using its 'partial delete' and 'chapter delete' functions.

TRENDING THREADS