Humax (freesat HD) foxsat HDR, HDMI compatibility issues

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a panasonic blue ray player and recently exchanged a sky HD box for a humax freesat HDR box. The Foxsat has only one HDMI out and I want to be able to send a picture to either an HD TV or and HD projector (not both at the same time one or the other). Ditto with the blue ray player. I invested in a HDMI matrix box that had four inputs and 2 outputs in order to do this. Everything worked fine with the blue ray player. The humax box also worked fine until you needed to used the menus. Then (on both outputs) the screen would go blank for about 2-3 seconds every time you scrolled down on almost every menu/guide, making operation impossible. Humax refuse to get involved saying it is a compatibility problem and I should find a compatible brand. The retailers of the switching box allowed me to return it (postage at my expense) stating that it is impossible to guarantee compatibility with all products. I wondered if anybody knew of a switching box that was fully compatible with the humax foxsat HDR box. I need a minimum of two inputs (more would be future proof) and only two outputs. I only need one output at a time. Ideally I don't want to spend more than £100 (£50-80 would be better).

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if this is gonna help you, but I just installed a rather excellent HDMI splitter to go on the HDMI output of my Onkyo receiver to feed a HD signal to my monitor, projector, bedroom monitor and downstairs monitor in the kid's room.
It cost about £60 and was well worth it.
The loss of signal when accessing the menu sounds like loss of synchronization of the video field to me, something which I do not get with the ATEN.

I quote "The ATEN VS184 HDMI Splitter is the perfect solution for anyone who needs to send one source of digital high definition video to four displays at the same time. It supports all HDMI-enabled equipment, such as DVD players, satellite set-top boxes and all HDMI displays.
The VS184 HDMI Splitter is HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) compliant, making it effective for use with all HDMI displays in home theater applications, as well as in corporate, educational and commercial settings".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts